Thread: Looks like the time has come - out with the DRC

Looks like the time has come - out with the DRC

One of my rear struts has sprung a leak. So I've been reading up on the archives on options to the DRC. I placed a call to 2benett and discussed their offering. They will custom build you a system (starting with Koni's) and configure it to your liking. I'm not wanting to lower the ride height and really did like the way the DRC felt. Curious if any others have their system - pricing is going to be around $2200. Thanks.

Buy a used rear strut from Dave, he has really nice ones laying around, that i should have bought, put it on and recharge the system.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzanrs6 View Post
    One of my rear struts has sprung a leak. So I've been reading up on the archives on options to the DRC. I placed a call to 2benett and discussed their offering. They will custom build you a system (starting with Koni's) and configure it to your liking. I'm not wanting to lower the ride height and really did like the way the DRC felt. Curious if any others have their system - pricing is going to be around $2200. Thanks.
    Does $2200 include removing the old DRC and installing the Koni's?... If not, simply buy the Konis online and DIY----or have an Indy swap it all for less. $2200 for an assembled cash and carry set seems a bit steep----their gett'n about $1400 in labor to mount 4 springs to 4 Konis. ...Just my opinion tho.
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Who is Dave - what is the contact info ?

Thanks

Thanks
    This is good....Who is this Dave guy?

Dave (aka Dhall1) is the Grand Poobah in these parts as I've heard it...;0

aka:

210K miles rolled

Thanks
    Dave is DHall1 as Max pointed out...he would have struts laying around for you from gently used RS6's from nice climates (because that is all he buys) on his "RS6 sanctuary."
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

The DRC system remains my preferred suspension for this car hands down. I have driven three identical cars with three different types of suspension in each and the DRC was the best. Like stated above, pick up a good condition Gen2 damper, get it swapped, and recharge the bank that failed. Should cost no more than $500 including the strut, swap, and recharge. That said, if DRC is no longer an option or not desired, and $ aren't a constraint, I would recommend a coil over system from either H&R, Bilstein, or KW. If you're on a budget, Koni Yellow Sports are in expensive and a 'reasonable' alternative - albeit not as good as either DRC or Coil overs - get what you pay for addage with this stuff....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Too funny Max strikes again.

Yes I have a mint complete set of upgraded OEM struts.

Rears or fronts sold as pairs.