Thread: Koni yellows ordered

Koni yellows ordered

And inbound.... Any advice on what to have yanked of the DRC under there? Any other stuff I should order up besides the koni's? Can't swing Hotchkis right now, don't know if it's necessary anyway, my days of wailing around turns has gone.

Either cap or completely remove the DRC hardlines. Accumulators are bolted to the backside of the spare tire well. Mufflers have to come out to gain access, I think. Maybe that was just to remove the rear swaybar. Hotchkis bars might not be necessary but take a look at the sway bar bushings and end links. Consider replacing front control arms/outer tie rods while you are in there. I went with the 034 kit, no complaints so far.

If you haven't already, read this post.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23...l=1#post273100

After initial install you might end up tearing it apart again to re-adjust. Good luck!
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Whoa. Thanks for sharing. Seems like the general consensus is 1/2 turn from full soft on front, and 1/4 turn from full soft on rear. Lowest perch in rear.

Zero fluid in the DRC. It's truly scary on the hwy over 60. I haven't driven anything this floaty since my granddad's Oldsmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    Either cap or completely remove the DRC hardlines. Accumulators are bolted to the backside of the spare tire well. Mufflers have to come out to gain access, I think. Maybe that was just to remove the rear swaybar. Hotchkis bars might not be necessary but take a look at the sway bar bushings and end links. Consider replacing front control arms/outer tie rods while you are in there. I went with the 034 kit, no complaints so far.

If you haven't already, read this post.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23...l=1#post273100

After initial install you might end up tearing it apart again to re-adjust. Good luck!

To clarify.... When folks are referring to 1/2 turn, we're talking 180 degree rotation from full soft, yes? 1/4 turn = 90 degrees rotation? Better to be absolutely clear with my installer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    Whoa. Thanks for sharing. Seems like the general consensus is 1/2 turn from full soft on front, and 1/4 turn from full soft on rear. Lowest perch in rear.

Zero fluid in the DRC. It's truly scary on the hwy over 60. I haven't driven anything this floaty since my granddad's Oldsmobile.
    Mine also had zero fluid, drove exactly the same, scary as hell over 60. Anyhow, I've got mine on full soft, basically no turns towards firm, and it's almost a bit firm with all the bumps around here. I wanted it a bit stiffer with the smooth Oregon roads, but damn these NY roads are killing me...all subjective of course.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I've already knocked out all my teeth filings on the potholes around NY too, on the A6 4.2 with H&R springs and bilsteins on the BBS 20"s. Brutal actually, Loved the way it looked, but it was really tight. I may go full soft. The car is never again seeing Monticello, so no biggy on the handling issue. Then again, I don't really drive it.... ever.... that's what my little A4 is for.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Mine also had zero fluid, drove exactly the same, scary as hell over 60. Anyhow, I've got mine on full soft, basically no turns towards firm, and it's almost a bit firm with all the bumps around here. I wanted it a bit stiffer with the smooth Oregon roads, but damn these NY roads are killing me...all subjective of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    Lowest perch in rear.
    This ended up being too low for me. I switched to the middle one to make my car level (same fender-wheel distance front and rear). Also, didn't like it set to softer than those recommended settings. Felt too "bouncy". Just my 2c.

Where did you get the Koni's from ? I too am in need.

Thanks -

http://raceconsultingagency.com/koni.../i-100680.aspx - $143 per
    http://raceconsultingagency.com/koni.../i-101081.aspx - $132 per

I ordered them just the other day when I posted. They were delivered today. Fast as lightening delivery. Truly remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzanrs6 View Post
    Where did you get the Koni's from ? I too am in need.

Thanks -

BahnBurner, LLC used to have a wholesale account at AllSprings.com but ECS took that over from Turner Motorsport and they haven't responded to any of my questions/emails about the wholesale account we used to have with AllSprings.com. Whatever. Too bad too, because our 996tt is in need of some suspension TLC too.

I basically left it at the out of the box settings and middle perch in the rear and like it so far. Compliant ride and not too bouncy.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS