Thread: Need Alpine W910 Headunit bench tested and help with installation

Need Alpine W910 Headunit bench tested and help with installation

Any of you local Brooklyn guys, if at all, care to assist, or refer to a local installer? I picked up a W910 to replace the IVA-NAV20 (identical units) which was stolen out of the RS6. I had a guy I've used in the past attempt an install, but he said he couldn't get it the unit to power on at all. True, I could have been beat by the seller, but he swears its 100% and that he bench tested it before sending it to me.

The installed guy who attempted to hook it up said nothing about bench testing, he merely used hooked it up to the wiring harness which was still in the car (post theft), and said the unit didn't turn on. My business partner had dropped off the car for the work, and left, returning later to find out the news about the headunit not powering up.

I would like the head unit tested out of the car, as I feel the previous wiring harness could have been damaged during the theft. The installer did NOT try using the new wiring harness which came with the unit, and was what the seller had bench tested with. Seller is from Philly and swore up and down that his ebay reputation is his business and he'll refund, no problem, but he's 100% sure the unit works, he'd even come up to install it.

As a businessman myself, I don't want to see this kid take a loss on the drive, gas, etc, but I would prefer to have this unit working and installed instead of get a refund on it. Any suggestions for local assistance for a bench test? Thanks in advance.

For the record. Everything worked out fine. The initial installer used previous harness which had damaged pins from when it was yanked. New harness and everything is good to go.