Thread: FS soon 2003 RS6 73,000 miles

FS soon 2003 RS6 73,000 miles

All,

This car has been a blast, but it is time for me to move on. I have a feeling I'll be back

2003 RS6 MuBlue with 73,000 miles with upgraded RSN-E (otherwise all stock)
    Recent timing belts with full water pump, pulleys etc completed by PURE Motorsports less than 2500 miles ago
    ABS Module (currently being replaced)
    Good Pilot SS tires with about 8,000 miles on them

This car is not perfect. It has a few issues that could be dealt with:
    1. headliner in the rear is droopy
    2. front bumper has 73,000 miles of rock chips. I am meeting with a painter in the next week or so to see about a respray on the nose
    3. the previous owner used some touch up paint on a few nicks. the paint is a perfect match, but you can see the touch ups in the right light
    4. some (not a lot) peel of the soft touch buttons

I am posting here first as I have truly enjoyed poking around this forum and have learned a lot in the short time I've been a member here. If anyone is truly interested, please PM me. I have not set a price yet as I am unsure how many of the repairs I will get done. The ABS module will be done before I list the car as that is a must fix.

I am open to opinions in this thread as it is not an official FS thread. I am curious as to how people feel respraying the bumper will effect the value. Is it better to leave it as is so everyone can see it? I am not one to try to hide anything from a potential buyer, but I know I get nervous when someone says they repainted the bumper to cover up some road dings. I always imagine the car has been nearly totaled an they are just using that as a cover up Perhaps I'm too cynical these days.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Thanks for taking the time.

Steven

In my mind, bumper resprays is perfectly fine if done right, if not value add.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    In my mind, bumper resprays is perfectly fine if done right, if not value add.
    This. $500 for me with bumper off, quality shop with top level paint. Mugello Blue was perfect match, can't even tell, except it's brand new now.

Edit; they fixed a dent also, or would have been $400.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com