Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Sorted '03 RS6 $21k

FS: Sorted '03 RS6 $21k

Black on Black, 136k miles, lots of extras.
    The best part of this RS6 is the documentation - from Day one with the original owner, through June 2013 with the second owner, full report of every service done at Audi dealerships. From the day I bought it, it saw the inside of a dealership exactly once - to have new keys cut, programmed, and married to the Immobilizer. Receipts for all work below are included in the sale (and it's a thick folder).
    Some spare parts from the previous owner, as well as a few that I've collected over the years, are included in the sale.
    VIN ending 905530 - this used to be Tech_Gurru's beast.

Tech_Gurru was a service writer for Audi in the Portland, OR area - he had the following done thanks to his writing skills:
    At 97k miles, the following were replaced under the extended CPO warranty:
    Engine
    Transmission
    Torque Converter
    Both turbochargers - Driver-side Turbo still on, Passenger-side replaced again since due to pothole damage.

He also installed KWV3 suspension, which is phenomenal!
    He also had the original rims refinished in stock form.

Since he sold to me June 2013, the following has been done:

K-40 Radar Detector / Laser Jammer (not used in Virginia!) front/rear with license plate sensor / jams.
    Carbon Fiber Interior from OCarbon
    RNS-E with Bluetooth Module from NeoZawa, updated 2015 map pack, includes a 32GB SDXC high-speed card
    Tires: PSS's on stock rims with ~5-6k miles on them
    Wheels/Tires: Winter set- Stock wheels, painted lava grey, with Blizzak's mounted for ~3500 miles on them
    Brakes: Front RS5 rotors (installed) plus resurfaced OE RS6 rotors (less than 10k miles), Hawk HPC pads ~3k miles ago
    Brakes: Rear 2-piece ECS rotors (installed) plus resurfaced OE RS6 rotors (less than 10k miles), Hawk HPC pads ~3k miles ago
    Suspension: Added Hotchkis sways F&R, tuned suspension settings for good road feedback but not scraping speed bumps
    Body: Added Audi OE under-engine splash guard / air deflector
    Body/Lighting: New Headlights in June '14 - still perfect and clear and bright.
    Body: New front bumper in June/July '14
    Engine: 6k miles or less on:
    - Timing Belt/Water Pump/Pulleys/Tensioners/etc - full kit, gates belt
    - Passenger side Turbo replaced
    - Valve Cover Gaskets
    - Cam Tensioners, plugs, seals
    - Freshly rebuilt Alternator from Kaestner Auto
    Engine: Less than 150 miles on:
    - UIM Gaskets
    - Aux Water Pump
    - ALL vac lines under the UIM replaced with Silicone
    - Injector O-rings
    - EGT Sensors replaced
    - PS Pump flushed/filled with BND Fluid kit
    - Coolant flushed/filled with BND Hi-performance coolant
    - SAI system removed, 034M block-off plates installed

EXTRAS:
    Tire/wheel rack - wall-mounting, adjustable, still brand new in box
    Tire storage bags - for the set not currently on the car, Audi branded, with felt pads.
    About a half of a quart bottle of ACES-IV gas treatment
    Other stuff I'm sure, just don't remember it all off the top of my head.

The beast is ready for viewing, but I will be pulling my insurance on it as of the day I take delivery of my Jeep, so no joy-rides. I'm sure I'm missing some / a lot of what's been done with this beast. Happy to talk about it with anyone interested. I know the thread is useless without pictures, but she needs a good wash and wax before she's ready for her close-up.

PS I know the KBB "value" - I also know that's for a beast that hasn't seen a wrench in the past 2 years. This is a well-sorted example that should be maintenance-free for the foreseeable future. Considered I've laid out well north of $10k in maintenance costs the past 3 years, that says something about how to value this car.

Thanks
    O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

I have a solid offer on the table for the RNS-E and all it's assorted accessories, so vehicle buyer has option of the original stock radio back in place, knock a grand off the price - $20k out the door.

For those wondering, I'm still awaiting delivery of my Jeep, and not going to bother getting the road dust off and polishing and taking beauty shots just to dirty her up again - she's going to get the full treatment and from there remain parked until sold, which can't happen until the new vehicle hits my driveway.

Thanks
    O_E

Pictures Pictures!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-1962745688.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	17298Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-1106846892.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	17299Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-743607891.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	17300Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-560373230.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	17301Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image290498922.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	17302Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1016187286.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	17303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-1931481227.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	17304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image223220683.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	17305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-83239147.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	17306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-151410903.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	17307

First 10 pictures here, many more to go. Any particular angle anyone wants?
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

More pictures!

Almost forgot to mention - 3 working key fobs plus a working valet key included. That alone was ~$1900 at the stealership.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 Keys.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	17308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-168712468.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	17309Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-151410903.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	17310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image414997695.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	17311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image444523073.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	17312Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-557294281.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	17313Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image658573529.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	17314Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image617753057.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	17315Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image982453604.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	17316Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1283488811.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	17317

10 days later -Bump-

I've also had interest expressed in the Vag-Com, so if you don't want that, knock $250 off the price.

Once a week -bump- to the top, couple interested parties have made contact, hope that my brutally honest assessment of condition doesn't scare them off.

Oh, my brother is borrowing the beast for a few days while the bumper for his S5 is fixed, so any other picture requests will be handled Thursday 5/12 in the evening or later. Mileage is likely to go up another 120 or so, still well short of 137k.

Totaled up receipts, between parts and labor I've put close to $30k into this car in less than 3 years / 12k miles. Ouch.

O_E
    Last edited by Other_Erik; May 12th, 2016 at 13:36.

Weekly bump to the top. If anyone is waiting to contact me, don't wait. I've had a couple nibbles including someone selling their '00 S4 to put together the cash. My price is and will stay firm at $21k all in, which is about 60% of my outlay on parts and labor since buying the beast in June of '13. We all know that documentation trumps mileage, and every service record is included from original delivery (150 miles on the clock in August of 2004) to today.

Selling the RS6 means I can get on with putting (more) modifications on the new Jeep, and I'm not really in a rush for that at the moment.

O_E

Weekly bump, still up for grabs. Promised the wife I wouldn't put any more mods on the Jeeps until this is sold, getting a little impatient for my lift kit...

O_E

Have you tried posting this on other forums or Auotrader?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Have you tried posting this on other forums or Auotrader?
    I've got it on NovaJeepers forum, where one member is trying to dump his 2000 S4 to put together the cash, also other forums, will see if I can put it up on vwvortex - not sure my account is in the right standing there to be able to post on FS boards (minimum post count or somesuch).

Not going Autotrader again, got WAY more spam from that last time around than I did from putting it on Craigslist.

Has been really weird, usually when I put a vehicle for sale on CL, I get a ton of scam/lowball/idiot emails. I've gotten 3 serious inquiries, 2 people asking if they can buy just the Vag-Com (nope), 1 lowballer (lol 2100 or 21000?), and no spam. Don't know what CL has done to cut this down, but I'm pleased as punch.

The beast will sit until the right buyer shows up, just itching to put lift and bigger tires on the Jeep, which I promised I wouldn't do until the RS6 is gone.

O_E

You get what you pay for on CL. Plus a lot of local joy riders. Try Ebay for national coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
    You get what you pay for on CL. Plus a lot of local joy riders. Try Ebay for national coverage.
    Pulled the insurance, so no joy rides available. Car is sitting in the driveway and will continue to get a weekly spin around the block until it sells. I'd be all about ebay if it weren't for the X Percent loss on a sale from their fee structure. I've got the RS6 priced about as low as I can stand, would have to sell for something like $23k on eBay to make it worthwhile to me. Pretty sure the chances of that are slim-to-none.

O_E

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    I'd be all about ebay if it weren't for the X Percent loss on a sale from their fee structure.
    What fee structure? Nothing to list, $125 if it sells.

What fee structure? Nothing to list, $125 if it sells.
    Last time I looked it was 7% - will definitely be taking another look now.

O_E

The was the fee maybe 10 years ago and for general merchandise.

The was the fee maybe 10 years ago and for general merchandise.
    Thanks for the tip, it is live on eBay.

Also, I am grudgingly lowering the price to $20,000 flat. A couple of opportunities have come up locally that I want to take advantage of, and having cash in my hand would be very welcome at the moment.

O_E

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    it is live on eBay.
    Don't see it.

Don't see it.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-RS6-/262462613582