The time has come where I can't keep spending $2 in repairs per mile driven in the RS6. Buying a house in the DC area means that money is not going to be available anymore for at least 5 years. The only question now, is do I sell, or do I turn in the plates and tarp it in the garage? VA will continue to property tax me to the tune of ~$400/year, so that's a $2000 sunk cost, not to mention not being able to use my garage for storing anything bigger than a weed-whacker.

If I do decide to tarp it, what should I do beyond:
1) Run the gas tank near empty, adding a couple sips when I start it every few months
2) Put it on a battery tender, and
3) Replace half the engine oil with lucas oil stabilizer

I hate the thought of selling it, but I did a lookover of the repairs receipts (NOT including the $9k from hitting a 4-inch pothole at 4mph), and in the 11,400 miles I've driven it since June of 2013, parts and labor has cost me over $23k. Smiles per mile is nice, but I can't afford to drop the cost of a used car every year or three just to keep the beast running. Will probably get well and truly f-ed on the backend if I decide to sell it as well, just turned 136k miles so KBB pegs the value around $11k, which is less than the maintenance/repairs I put into it in the past 10 months.

Thoughts?