Thread: No more APR availability for C5 RS6

No more APR availability for C5 RS6

I was saving up for getting the APR tune for my 2003 RS6, only to find out that APR has discontinued their tuneup (ECU+TCU) for C5 RS6.
    What other tune up options should I consider. On this forum I have learned Revo runs lean and can cause problems in hotter weather. I am in Texas so weather can play into it. Is GIAC a good option?

Are there non official APR options? folks copying and flashing from their ECU to others?

Good, APR was overpriced and ok performance. GIAC is horrible, Revo is ok. 034, Eurocharged, AMD, or one of the Indy tuners will do a good job. Make sure to chip your TCU also. And buy an extra trans...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Viper tuning from Brian in Isle of Man, UK has some kick to it as well
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

Daz Dillenger. Customer service and superior knowledge is key and thats why I would choose him. As stated APR was meh at best. I tried 034 and am kinda bummed about that $1300 wasted. Engine tune is good but the trans tune is so far from good it makes me wonder if my TCU got flashed with a tune for a C5 2.7, always did a little strange thing here and there and in the end it ended my trans. I know I didnt help but their trans tune did me no favors.
    I have also heard MTM (no firsthand experience) runs very lean and that GIAC is also not a good choice for our cars.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Eurocharged right in Houston?

I'd also give Eurocharged a shout. Having them local is a big plus!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Daz or 034

Because they offer tcu and ecu

And price is right

We're a APR dealer and I asked about this too, for a short time they dropped the price to $599 but they have discontinued all legacy software. The RS6 tune they had was not an OBDII flash and the ECU had to be sent to them. We've been phased out ;-)

I have a EPL tune in my RS6 and couldn't be happier.

Great feeback y'all. Are there EPL or DAZ dealers in Texas?
    My RS6 is in the shop getting Torque converter repair (using edge racing converters).
    PS.. should I replace O2 sensors? tech says I should since engine is down. but current ones (not sure if they were ever replaced) are working.

Quote Originally Posted by audisscott View Post
    We're a APR dealer and I asked about this too, for a short time they dropped the price to $599 but they have discontinued all legacy software. The RS6 tune they had was not an OBDII flash and the ECU had to be sent to them. We've been phased out ;-)

I have a EPL tune in my RS6 and couldn't be happier.
    DAM! I G.D. KNEW I READ THAT ON THEIR SITE! I though I was crazy when I went back to order and it was $2400 or something like that. I was recalling the price correctly then! $599....oh well.....

I have a great Audi tune, Stock. .....

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by agent5150 View Post
    Great feeback y'all. Are there EPL or DAZ dealers in Texas?
    My RS6 is in the shop getting Torque converter repair (using edge racing converters).
    PS.. should I replace O2 sensors? tech says I should since engine is down. but current ones (not sure if they were ever replaced) are working.

I replaced all four of mine, still waiting to see if it runs LOL....I dread having a bad egg out of the four.

Keep in mind, the newest part number is for all four. The original Audi equipment shows three different part numbers. The reason is that the original equipment ones have different length wires and three different color connectors. The front passenger side has a brown connector with a key way in it. The drivers side is green (I am pretty sure, I'll have to look again), no key way in it, and the two rears are black. I am not sure why just the fronts are color coded. The new part number (from both Pelican parts and ECS) shows all four the same, and the new one simply has a very long wire and comes with replacement connectors for the wire harness side. We ended swapping out the brown one since it had a key way in it and the wire harness side would not allow the new connector to plug in to it.

Interesting that the mechanic told me that the Oxygen sensors cannot be spaced and that gold contacts need to be used for the junctions. So what will the extra long wires do to the 'sensors?' as this will greatly increase the overall impedance of the sensor connections (the wire is about twice the length of the original). We shall see.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

There shall be no more Daz tunes. I just spoke to him last night and I guess a few hours latter he passed away in his sleep. RIP Daz, you were a great friend and tuner.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

.......wtf???

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    There shall be no more Daz tunes. I just spoke to him last night and I guess a few hours latter he passed away in his sleep. RIP Daz, you were a great friend and tuner.
    Yea, very unfortunate. Guess he was having a struggle with pneumonia..? Threads all over Audizine B5 S4/A4 section. RIP.