Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you sold your RS6, what would be your next car?

If you sold your RS6, what would be your next car?

Hi folks,

After my Chief Financial Officer took a fancy to a Cayman S, I suddenly got permission to look at other vehicles. Or maybe she got tired of driving me to the shop, not sure...

I have had my RS6 since 2008, bought it with 29,000 miles on it, now around 95,000. Mods include:

Hella Smoked Lenses in rear
    L10 torque converter - preventative while engine was out.
    Hotchkiss Sport front and rear
    SR Hybrid turbos, larger injectors, waste gates and intercooler
    KW V3's
    Decatted downpipes
    BBS CHW's
    19" Continental EC as of last Tuesday
    MTM TCU
    Custom ECU (Solo Motorsports Atlanta)
    470hp / 500 ftlbs torque (Mustang Dyno at Solo)
    RSN-E, Bluetooth
    ADR back box to connect Valentine to display in dash

I'm thinking 25K would be a good starting asking price, but really don't know what to look at next. The Cayman's are really nice, but also really small.

What other toys would you be looking at for a car that would put a smile on your face every time you drive it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0087.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	17196  
    RSN-E, V1 wADR, Hotchkiss Sports, KW V3's, EBC Red's, MTM TCU, Custom ECU Tune (with a fix by Nubcake), Catless Downpipes , L10 TC, BBS-CHR's, Venair Hoses, Hella Smoke, Apikol Trans/RrDiff Mnts, SR Hybrid Turbos, Waste Gates, Intercoolers, 750cc injectors.

Another RS6.

EDIT:
    On a more serious note - no idea what to change it to, really. Porsches don't make sense at all, unless it's a turbo (which is WAY more $$$). Nothing else in the same price range compares in terms of versatility. If we consider a wider price range - well, there's a bunch of modern fast AWD cars, but none of them are that charismatic.
    I'd probably look at 3.2 DSG (or maybe even MT!) A3 + turboing it (for a daily city driver) - just for the heck of it. But then again, I have a pretty weird approach when choosing cars.
    Last edited by nubcake; March 28th, 2016 at 21:07.

Thinking about it, seems to be quite a few available.
    RSN-E, V1 wADR, Hotchkiss Sports, KW V3's, EBC Red's, MTM TCU, Custom ECU Tune (with a fix by Nubcake), Catless Downpipes , L10 TC, BBS-CHR's, Venair Hoses, Hella Smoke, Apikol Trans/RrDiff Mnts, SR Hybrid Turbos, Waste Gates, Intercoolers, 750cc injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Another RS6.
    +1
    Just a Little newer bigger engine +700 HP easy

Nice looking RS6 and mods! Amazed the trans has held up with that much extra power, you must drive it nice, sounds like a lot of highway miles you've racked up.

My current choice would be a 2013+ S6. They look fairly good, lots of tech and super nice interior, plus V8TT that you can put a tune on for some serious power, with a much better trans.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I am getting a new M2.

Similar size to my '97 M3, but more power....local dealer......

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Since we got the RS6, a few vehicles have passed through, mostly by choice of the CFO.
    One thing the CFO has maintained is that the RS6 is not leaving, ever! She seems to have a special connection to that Audi. God bless her soul for seeing it my way.

I think the only thing I would sell the RS6 for is another RS6 (wagon only). See directly below:

Alpina b6 grand coupe
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

A 6sp RS6!

Or I suppose I'd drive a 4.0T S6 + some mods.

The reason I got an RS6 was because it's unique, usable, comfortable, understated, and of course its performance. I can't really think of anything similar, even now 13 years later.

2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Late model 4.0TT S8.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	landscape-1438780450-audilead2.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	17204

Understated looks, great interior, packs a big punch under the hood.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Cl amg....drove one. Not even close

S6 ..... drove one. Not even on the same planet

S8 ..... maybe but its like a boat on the ocean

I will keep my RS6s.

Apples for (near apples) : C7 S6, C63 AMG, Gen2 CTS-V (wagon?)

Weekend toy instead : 911, Lotus Exige S, TTRS maybe
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Cl amg....drove one. Not even close

S6 ..... drove one. Not even on the same planet

S8 ..... maybe but its like a boat on the ocean

I will keep my RS6s.
    What do you think of the GT-R? I know you were playing with one not too long ago.

My reason for selecting the CL65 is I would like a little better ride and a little more quiet and a little more comfortable seats over the RS6 as well as the ability to make much more power.
    Still love my RS6 though even though all it is right now is a garage ornament. lol Wish that trans would hurry up and get here.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

First I wouldn't sell the RS6, even if it meant I had to sleep in it instead of a house. Even _if_, god forbid, it got totaled, I'd buy it back and use the parts to restore one of the other RS6's out there in need of donor parts.

That said, during the time where both donor and receiver were down, I'd be looking at a built Jeep. Seen some that have had full engine swaps and big axle go-anywhere builds, that are just spectacular (supercharged Hemi's, etc...). The Rennsport has ruined me for other cars, and after driving the wife's lifted Jeep, I do like being able to see above the rear brake lights of the car in front of me in traffic here.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

ATS-V manual sedan (in blue)...i feel like there aren't going to be many more sedan performance car manuals sold in my lifetime....so I'd kind of like to buy one just for that reason. For example, http://www.sunsetcadillacbradenton.c...-FL/2656956793
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    ATS-V manual sedan (in blue)...i feel like there aren't going to be many more sedan performance car manuals sold in my lifetime....so I'd kind of like to buy one just for that reason. For example, http://www.sunsetcadillacbradenton.c...-FL/2656956793
    Wow, that interior is surprisingly low rent for a $71k Cadillac. Except for the decent seats, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    Wow, that interior is surprisingly low rent for a $71k Cadillac. Except for the decent seats, of course.
    I would agree with gauge cluster and center stack but as far as doors and things like that. I don't feel it's much different than when I owned my RS4 and would look at B7 A4's and be like man what did i get for my money besides seats, a trans and an engine (except with that one I got great gauges too).
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.