Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If you sold your RS6, what would be your next car?

If i lost my RS and was unable to buy another i would have to drive my A3 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audi-a3-v6-3d-dsg-lquattro.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	17207Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audi-a3-v6-3d-dsg-quattro.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	17208Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1219.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	17209

guess i'd get an rs4 and put a SC on it

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    I want an S8, but forgetaboutit.....I want an RS7, but forgetaboutit.

So....if my RS6 does not survive it's surgery.......I have begun looking for a replacement.

As mentioned above the M2 is interesting...but there may be some BS 'over sticker' markup BS.......just like the very nice new Mustang GT350 I looked at but they wanted a $15,000 markup! I offered to buy it on the spot for sticker but no...They dropped the markup to 10k last week...LOL....

So yesterday I went to Audi of Oneonta. I drove the New A4...they really stepped things up on that line of cars, the engine is 2.0 L turbo 252hp/272fp much in line with the old 2.7 L S4 of old. The transmission is an s-tronic dual clutch 7 speed. B&O is 755 watts. The one I drove had the fancy virtual cockpit which is very nice. It's suspension is very good and the car is QUIET! The one I drove has the First Edition package which has vented seats but alas no massage seats are available. This is a possible 'next car' but the new S4 is still out there and to be seen.....No lease numbers are set up for the new A4 yet.

I drove an S3 (did not have the electromagnetic suspension but otherwise loaded), but it's very nice as well. It's a 2016 so it lacks the fancy electronic upgrades of the 2017 A4 but the power train is very nice. It has same engine as the Golf R but only available with the Auto transmission. The S3 would be a fun car...lease number was not that bad....was trying to get a better trade number on my A4 cab....

I drove an A3 convertible. The one I drove was the lower tier model, so it lacked power seats, etc, I was not that impressed over my current 08, nearly paid for second hand A4 cab, The A3 is 8 years newer with newer transmission, little more power, nav, etc....but not worth it at this point.

Just to mention this....I noted they had a nice blue loaded 2015 S5 coupe with black and silver sport seats, etc....and it has been lingering on their lot for more than a YEAR. I had noted it on their website about a year ago. I speculated on the s5 forum that I could not understand why the sports differential was an option in that model year? It's 750 bucks of something like that, maybe 1500, what ever, so the asked the salesman why the it has not sold? EXACTLY because it did not have the sports diff! LOL.....I am not sure it can be discounted enough to sell, I cannot image that someone would buy this "new" car who's warrantee is ticking away (one year down) and it's seals are sitting and getting ready to begin to weep......I was considering driving that but they would not lease it since it's a 2015....I am going to stick with warrantee period leases only.....

Mike
    I too cannot believe the sports differential is an "option" on S model cars. Very silly indeed. FYI, the new car warranty begins at the DOFU, or date of first use, not the model year.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

That's interesting, my first "extended warrantee" which was supposed to add additional years to my original warrantee ended up be dated from the date of car manufacture and it time out just after the end of my 4 year lease! Ended up buying another extended warrantee which was time from the date I bought the extension. If I recall it was good till 104,000 miles (I think I had 54000 on the car). The first extension just gave me enough milage ( I think it was 2 years/24,000) or something but the way the timing worked out it was up sooner than I thought.

So for the 2015 S5 I figure the warrantee is already ticking away. LOL......

Mike

PS the M2 is looking very nice......watch the videos.....6 speed manual.....etc.....
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Well I am unsure if I will keep the RS6 much longer. I love it to death and have a crap ton of more audio equipment on the way for it but I just bought a new toy today that I am picking up tomorrow. Always wanted a W215 AMG CL65 and ran across a W216 one I fell in love with so I went ahead and bought it. lol
    Already has an appointment to be shipped to Speedriven for the 1100+ HP kit.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Quote Originally Posted by lasersvt View Post
    well i am unsure if i will keep the rs6 much longer. I love it to death and have a crap ton of more audio equipment on the way for it but i just bought a new toy today that i am picking up tomorrow. Always wanted a w215 amg cl65 and ran across a w216 one i fell in love with so i went ahead and bought it. Lol
    already has an appointment to be shipped to speedriven for the 1100+ hp kit.
    very nice>>>>
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

for me without my RS6 I would get a nice Tesla

I just spent my first month with the Tesla P90D. I did not have to sell the RS6, but if I had too, for sure this would be the car to get.

The babe that sits side-by-side with the RS6:

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Well I am unsure if I will keep the RS6 much longer. I love it to death and have a crap ton of more audio equipment on the way for it but I just bought a new toy today that I am picking up tomorrow. Always wanted a W215 AMG CL65 and ran across a W216 one I fell in love with so I went ahead and bought it. lol
    Already has an appointment to be shipped to Speedriven for the 1100+ HP kit.
    Good luck and have fun with it!!! I enjoyed my 05 SL65 too. Went 10.99 with just a flash, and the sound it makes....It will depreciate faster than you can think though, but if you plan to keep it, you know, like the RS6, it won't matter...

Yeah, I knew the AMG would depreciate like crazy but wanted it anyway. Just got home from the 650 mile each way drive to get it and I love the hell out of it. The Speedriven setup is going to be near double what I paid for my RS6 but it should be a blast. Gonna get used to the car first. Just soooooo many gadgets in it. I think I will keep the RS6 as well though.

650 miles ago:

And right before I got home.

Nice!!! have fun with it. They are monsters. Here's the one I had.

This is with the 19" VR G2's I had on my RS6.

This is with the 20" BBS it came with. (about 20lbs a wheel heavier than 19" Volks)

Then top down.

I have an '07 SL 65 Diamond Silver Metallic over Berry Red. Love it!! Fast and smooth like silk does not even begin to describe. Don't get me wrong, I love my RS6 and its a true classic (even if the world doesn't know it yet), but those V12 AMG cars are not even in the same stratosphere as RS6... and how could they be being 4 cylinders and decade + worth of technology up on them?? .... not to mention a real transmission & interior makes RS6 look like Fred Flintstone should be sitting in it. I've had a few convertibles b4 but generally consider myself not a convert guy but with the top down in that V12 on nice day you just feel like you did something right in life. Mine just turned 30k other day. I've had 3 years, it's loaded, sticker = just at $200k I paid $58. It may have gone down a bit since but the 07-08 cars stay a bit higher than the older and low mile ones seem to stay pretty firm. Last week on tv Barret Jackson I think was palm beach, I saw I think was '05 SL65 silver blk with 50k go for $28k!! Next to no action. I would have bought in a heartbeat. All those AMG V12 cars will go up in price sometime to some extent I'm sure of it.... RS6 too, just when, and even 100% up on $12k isn't such a big #.

SVT... I almost feel obligated to tell the MB / AMG forums you're coming. I like those CLs... its like a fortress inside. The CL is built on S classe chassis and when you're in back seat you know it, ingress and egress is really no issue with that looong door and one-push button seat forward. Its like the best of a coupe and full size sedan all in one. Almost got one cpl. times b4. You might want to start a revolving rear tire fund unless you drive like grandma. Ever turn traction control off take heed to that big hazard light that will stay permanently lit on your cluster and you do so at your own risk. All that RWD bias & weight ever gets away from you - you got big issues and quick. I know the trans are rated high, they use unit in numerous period AMG cars that are frequently tuned high like E55s but I think 1,100 hp or at least tq would put it about at its limit. You want to implode it like your RS6 before you even have fun with it? Its going to be plenty plenty fast... just cruise it for a while and get a real feel for it, then whatever you ever do to it you'll recognize and appreciate it even more. Just my opinion. I'm about to pull trigger on a 2010 S65 pearl white over tan with premium leather Designo pkg. = diamond stitch & everything is leather or alcantera, its normal wheelbase but has executive entertainment rear with TVs, reclining seats with footrest, all seats indiv. heated & AC ventilated.... I'm AMG V12 addicted now!! Taking it to Montreal GP for the AMG fest and beatdown, they should be close to wrapping championship up..... again.... by that point. Oh yeah, drive it even moderate hard and it will make RS6 seem like a Prius gas wise, gas needle will pretty much literally move if you even leave it idling for 10-15 mins.

Played with it on the drive back. Most of the drive the cruise was set at 90-95 and a few times it beat up on some other performance cars while it had a trunk full of luggage and coolers and 4 adults in it. It averaged 17.9 MPG for the trip and the Audi could never get that. As for the trans, not worried about it. When Speedriven does their other stuff they will also build the trans.

Bill

cant say I blame you. I almost pulled trigger on 12CL63

what year is your 65

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Yeah, I knew the AMG would depreciate like crazy but wanted it anyway. Just got home from the 650 mile each way drive to get it and I love the hell out of it. The Speedriven setup is going to be near double what I paid for my RS6 but it should be a blast. Gonna get used to the car first. Just soooooo many gadgets in it. I think I will keep the RS6 as well though.

650 miles ago:

And right before I got home.

2012. I drove the CL63 and really enjoyed it but knew exactly what I wanted so I went for it.

Probably not a popular opinion on this site, but I'd definitely drive one of these:

* 526hp 5.2L flat plane crank NA v8 with 8250rpm redline
    * 6sp Tremec
    * Carbon fiber wheels!
    * MagneRide suspension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA0Xy2Fkdag

Very spectacular car and I love them. Friend just got one and its amazing. Problem is they have a 20-30K markup on them. I want to see what happens with them over the next year. I may buy one to play a tiny bit with and then store for a year or so and make some money like the Ford GT cars.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    Probably not a popular opinion on this site, but I'd definitely drive one of these:

* 526hp 5.2L flat plane crank NA v8 with 8250rpm redline
    * 6sp Tremec
    * Carbon fiber wheels!
    * MagneRide suspension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA0Xy2Fkdag
    Solid piece of engineering and performance and then some. Built to take on domestic muscle like the ACR Viper, Z28 Camaro, & Z06 Corvette. I like the exclusivity of the FPC which you usually only get when you purchase a Ferrari/Maserati/Lotus type of car. Sounds great on the video and I'm certain even better in person.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down