Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Owner in PA

Quote Originally Posted by HPO-DK View Post
    Spot on,my local shop just did my TB and the offer was incl 3,5 hours Labour total incl waterpump was 1250$ and this in Denmark that normaly is exspencive
    This is Europe tho, I have found Na shops and dealers like to bend you over, their knowledge is less but they charge twice the price for it!
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Looks great! Always amazed how people scratch up the buttons, mine are almost perfect at 100k. Anyhow, can be fixed.

How do you ever touch that tank button? Ha, I hardly ever see mine...maybe being 6' tall my hands are higher up.

If your DRC starts acting up look into the Koni Yellows for a great upgrade at low price.

Again, just use Google to search this site and you'll find most any answer.
    I personally would not consider koni yellows an upgrade but a more economical option to a very good but potentially problematic DRC system
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

Audi quoted me over 3 grand to do it, so I'm going with the 1400 option lol. Anything else I should throw in there besides http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail....od=GH21132-1-C?

On a side note, I think my oil temp sensor may be on the fritz. I will get blips of it pop up on the dash, then immediately go away. The oil temp isn't rising above the 150 tick either. Also, my power steering pump seems to be going bad. I'll get the occasional vibration when getting close to full lock, as well as a whirring sound at start up. I'll probably add those to the list.

Thanks!

You may just be low on Power Steering fluid. easy fix.
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Good call. I haven't done much digging under the hood yet. A little intimidated by the cramped space.

So far, I have replaced my drivers side mirror glass and fixing little odds and ends in the interior.

Dealership quoted me $3k as well. "High-dollar car, high-dollar maintenance" directly from the service manager. I said "well, I know what the parts cost, so I guess you're losing yourself a customer." They also sold/serviced Porsche and Mercedes, so I don't think they're hurting from my lack of business.

I have a slow leak on the power steering system and get the whine periodically when in cold weather, but no vibration. I'll be fixing that in the fall when the 6-MT finds it's way into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    I have a slow leak on the power steering system and get the whine periodically when in cold weather, but no vibration. I'll be fixing that in the fall when the 6-MT finds it's way into the mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    You may just be low on Power Steering fluid. easy fix.
    You will get a noisy pump when you are ingesting air (cavitation). A leaking hose/pump fitting will permit air to enter and even though your fluid is "full", the cavitation will create a groan. Getting up in the years for the hoses. I have recently changed my hoses with new ones as the press fittings were starting to leak a bit.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post
    Audi quoted me over 3 grand to do it, so I'm going with the 1400 option lol. Anything else I should throw in there besides http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail....od=GH21132-1-C?

On a side note, I think my oil temp sensor may be on the fritz. I will get blips of it pop up on the dash, then immediately go away. The oil temp isn't rising above the 150 tick either. Also, my power steering pump seems to be going bad. I'll get the occasional vibration when getting close to full lock, as well as a whirring sound at start up. I'll probably add those to the list.

Thanks!
    The vibration on full lock is center diff, we all get it. But check all fluids. Cold NE winter was tough on my car, leaked power steering, coolant, and fuel...no leaks now that it's warm.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

PS fluid is on the "MIN" level, so I'll filler' up. Nothing special, the regular stuff from my local auto parts store is OK?

Pentosin green, can order from Amazon or find at Euro parts store. Special fluids all around, get the good stuff.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Ok, picked some up from the stealership just now. Hopefully my noising PS will go away.

Overfilled it slightly and the noise has seemed to go away. It's warming up here, so this may help.

I finally had a chance to get her washed. Pics as promised!! Still crappy iPhone though, sorry!

Here is my janky mirror glass I replaced.

Very nice, glad it's working out!

I want a red one

dang it I missed that 56k mile car in phx

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I want a red one

dang it I missed that 56k mile car in phx
    I'll paint mine Red for you, $55,000....it's yours.

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Timing belt, ready go!

Excellent!

Don't forget the Flux Capacitor....there are two on this car....

Mike

Better seal those intercoolers

why remove the carrier?