Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner in PA

New Owner in PA

Well, "almost" new owner...

Quick intro, I'm Matt and I currently live in Erie, PA. Moved here from Houston, TX about 6 months ago. Got to experience my first winter in the NE. Let's just say it wasn't fun. I love cars, but the big German bruisers have a special place in my heart. For about 2 years now, I've been looking for a nice C5 RS6 for around the 20-22k mark. Finally, I found the one for me, but it's 2200 miles away!!

Long story short, I wrote them a check and will hopefully get it shipped early next week (fingers crossed). My guess is some of you have seen it, I purchased 904002 from Audi of Oakland. It's Misano red with grey interior and has 75k miles. I'm told it was owned by an AoA exec, but no clue how true that is. I don't like the wood trim, but figure I can pony up for carbon fibre replacements at some point.

Unfortunately, I do not have many pics of the car other than what my sales guy sent me. I know I am taking a big risk buying it sight unseen. My in-law lives out that way and test drove it for me and said everything was good to them, that along with the PPI I decided, what the hell! I plan on driving the car in the summer, then using the wife's CRV for winter duty .

I've been lurking here a while and have been reading up on the trans issues. I just pray mine has been babied and, maybe I can get a few more miles out of her before needing this done... I know she needs the 75k service, so ready to pony up a couple grand up front. For what I paid for the car, I have some $$ in the kity for these types of expenses.

Since I am new to the area, anyone have a good indy mech in the NE they'd recommend. Erie isn't known for having many Euro shops (none at all), so I'm either stuck doing the work, or taking it to the dealer.

Any other words of wisdom are welcome for sure! As soon as it shows up on my door step, I will post more pics! Stay tuned!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0078.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	17194  

Congrats man. Ever since I bought mine 2 years ago, it's been the only car that I have ever owned that puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it.

Awesome, I can't wait to drive the thing! My guess is I'll have it here sometime around the 2nd week in April .

Welcome aboard. Wishing thousands of smiles and thousands of happy miles. Look forward to some pics once beast's in hand.

Get it. Drive it. Smile. Laugh even. And then bring it to Carlisle in May...

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...s/default.aspx

If you're handy with a wrench, save yourself a TON of money and do the timing belt yourself. $650 vs $2-3k. Just sayin'. There may also be a set of CF trim pieces for sale here now...

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/31...erior-Trim-Set

You're gonna love it. And you'll be the hit of the parking lots at the wine tastings. Welcome to PA!

very nice .. today is my one month anniversary of rs6 life .. its my daily and its been great to drive . decent MPG's .. i bought it 900 miles away on site unseen and got burned on a bad trans . so i'm looking where to fix it. still drive it daily .. sounds like you were lucky enough to have a test pilot . they are very solid , smooth well built cars . you should enjoy it ! .. save for a manual swap or look for a way to swap a 6,7 or 8 spd autobox into it..lol

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    Get it. Drive it. Smile. Laugh even. And then bring it to Carlisle in May...

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...s/default.aspx

If you're handy with a wrench, save yourself a TON of money and do the timing belt yourself. $650 vs $2-3k. Just sayin'. There may also be a set of CF trim pieces for sale here now...

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/31...erior-Trim-Set

You're gonna love it. And you'll be the hit of the parking lots at the wine tastings. Welcome to PA!
    Whew, 2-3k. I may have to read up some more on t-belt changing. Ordering a bentley manual now.

I will definitely be at that event! Thanks for sharing.

If I didn't already have 4

I saw this one last week and it caught my attention.

It is an x Audi exec vehicle and one of the first RS6s on US soil.

You have something special there and I have no idea why they priced it so low. Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    Welcome aboard. Wishing thousands of smiles and thousands of happy miles. Look forward to some pics once beast's in hand.
    *Tips hat* thank you sir! I'll ask the sales guy for more pics tomorrow. His iPhone picture skills are lacking though :/.

Quote Originally Posted by hoam skooled View Post
    very nice .. today is my one month anniversary of rs6 life .. its my daily and its been great to drive . decent MPG's .. i bought it 900 miles away on site unseen and got burned on a bad trans . so i'm looking where to fix it. still drive it daily .. sounds like you were lucky enough to have a test pilot . they are very solid , smooth well built cars . you should enjoy it ! .. save for a manual swap or look for a way to swap a 6,7 or 8 spd autobox into it..lol
    I read through your thread and made me swallow a bit harder than normal... Due to the low VIN on mine, I really hope it was babied. The money left over from the purchase price, shipping and tax/tag/title will go towards my trans replacement fun (if) it decides to die on me.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    If I didn't already have 4

I saw this one last week and it caught my attention.

It is an x Audi exec vehicle and one of the first RS6s on US soil.

You have something special there and I have no idea why they priced it so low. Idiots
    Ah ha! Thanks for the confirmation! I saw in the VIN database thread someone had spoke about mine, so really cool to know a bit of history on it.

Yeah... It was a damn steal. I apparently beat out 5 other people for it? (sounds like a used care salesman trick) I told them I'd wire the money that day, but they insisted on a paper check... Overnighted on Tuesday, now waiting to sign the docs. Hopefully will get those over the weekend. Really just want to get the car hauler arranged.

The mech report on the inspection yielded minor seeping RMS, and split CA bushings. Any concern there?

Welcome aboard! This winter was nothing, well over in Albany, NY at least. The rough roads and 10 degree weather did open up a few leaks for me, both radiator and fuel pump, but mostly gone now that it's warm.

Checkout the website in my sig for general info.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

That's what everyone here said too, mild winter. I'd hate to see a bad one!

Great site by the way, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post
    The mech report on the inspection yielded minor seeping RMS, and split CA bushings. Any concern there?
    If it was a PPI, I assume by minor you mean a Category 1 leak - seeping, dust buildup on fluid, but no drip. Nothing to worry about there, but monitor it, check it every time you change oil.

On the Control Arm bushings - which ones? Lower, Front Upper, ...? There are IIRC 12 pieces of control arms on the beast, and each will have a different affect on how it handles. I've got cracks in my front uppers and am just babying the bumps (which I have to do anyway, lowered on KWV3's), until I've got the cashola free to replace the whole kit (~$1500 in parts for heavy duty control arm kit, plus labor).

Once it actually belongs to you, you can get a copy of the service history for free from the stealership, you just have to show them your title/registration. That'll cover anything done under warranty or otherwise at any Audi dealership.

And I feel your angst on buying long-distance. That's what I did with mine, and it turned out great because the former owner was a service writer at a dealership, so they got EVERYTHING covered under warranty, including a new transmission, torque converter, and turbos at 97k miles.

Welcome! get ready to have your wallet sucked out through your butthole, that's pretty much every service event with this car. Everything deeper than an oil change pretty much requires engine in service position (6 hours labor), or removed on the autopsy table (40 hours labor to remove and reattach)

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Yes, and upper control arm bushings.

Still waiting on the dang paperwork to sign. I guess the holiday weekend is going to slow that process up. About ready to fly to Oakland and drive this car 2500 miles LOL.

Upper control arm bushings only last about 1/2 the life of the lower but they are also only about 1/2 the price. With the age and mileage yours is at I would be tempted to do lower and upper. Go with Lemforder or Mahle HD, stay away from Febi/Bilstein. 034 also makes some with a little harder bushings which may be worthwhile.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post
    About ready to fly to Oakland and drive this car 2500 miles LOL.
    I just did that. Well, to be honest, I drove it 1200 miles to Sebring for the 12 Hour race, a couple parade laps (with Tom Kristensen following me in an RS5) and 1200 miles back to PA. The car always starts conversations in the Audi Corral, especially when you've driven more than twice as far as anyone else.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1011 (2).jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	17195

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Upper control arm bushings only last about 1/2 the life of the lower but they are also only about 1/2 the price. With the age and mileage yours is at I would be tempted to do lower and upper. Go with Lemforder or Mahle HD, stay away from Febi/Bilstein. 034 also makes some with a little harder bushings which may be worthwhile.
    Sounds very similar to my E34 540i. Best place to get these still Pelican, or ECS?

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    I just did that. Well, to be honest, I drove it 1200 miles to Sebring for the 12 Hour race, a couple parade laps (with Tom Kristensen following me in an RS5) and 1200 miles back to PA. The car always starts conversations in the Audi Corral, especially when you've driven more than twice as far as anyone else.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1011 (2).jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	17195
    I'm actually looking at ticket prices now... Looks like a 4 day drive though. I was quoted 900 to ship, so I'm thinking it's still a lower cost option.

Looks like a blast! Were you invited, or was it open to the public? Would love to do that someday. I've only been to Sebring once in the 10 years I lived in FL. Kind of regret not going more. I did finally get to visit Laguna Seca a couple years ago when I went to the Pebble Beach Concourse. Checked off my bucket list!

welcome to the euro family brotha! you just moved closer to a lot of euro shows you can go to and enjoy on the east coast!

Price them all for the same brand but also try www.autohausaz.com as I founds some very good deals from them on name brand parts.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA