Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Owner in PA

Sorry no help with the parts but I have RNS-e in the RS6A and while it looks the part and integrates with the car, it is not exactly user friendly (to this user anyway). My C5 S6 came to me with a Kenwood head unit with touch screen nav, bluetooth, etc. I find it much easier to use than the RNS-e. But RNS-e just seems more appropriate.
    '02 RS6 Avant conversion
    '03 S8 Avus
    '89 964

Thanks for the feedback. I do really enjoy this pioneer head unit, but would prefer the stock look.

Quote Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post
    Anyone know of a parts C5 with silver interior?? I need some interior bits.

Specifically:
    1. Rear Cup Holder face plates
    2. Child Seat Anchor Covers
    3. HVAC control buttons
    4. Interior Trunk Release Button

Still debating on a RNS-e swap instead of the pioneer unit I have. I like the modern bluetooth etc, but it's ugly as sin!
    Try emailing: jacksonautos@gmail.com out of Philadelphia, I believe he has a C5 RS6 with silver interior which he is parting out.

As far as the RNS-e contact: zawa he is the go to for those.

User Cmnair on here found a good source for inside buttons and parts, maybe search posts.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks all!

You (plural) should come to Pittsburgh for the PVGP in July!
    Vintage racing on city streets and a great car show.
    '02 RS6 Avant conversion
    '03 S8 Avus
    '89 964

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Co View Post
    You (plural) should come to Pittsburgh for the PVGP in July!
    Vintage racing on city streets and a great car show.
    I'd love to, but we are moving back to TX next week . Fort Worth here we come!

No responses on the interior parts... I'll keep searching.

Discovered a new oil leak. Pulled the splash guard off and noticed a small leak from the oil cooler line (under the radiator on the passenger side). It's leaking from the nut. It's not serious enough to try and fix now, as I'll have to drain the oil, but thought I'd ask if you guys typically replace this line or should I try and get some sealant to put on the threads?

While we're on the topic of the bufkin pipe, is there a DIY somewhere? Is it an engine-in or engine-out job?
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

I think he's talking about the front external oil cooler, not the water to oil cooler. If it's that one, then thread sealant won't help, it's a compression fitting, not pipe threads. If it's leaking, either try to tighten it if it's loose, or remove it and clean the mating surfaces.

Also, I would say the Bufkin pipe is an engine out job. That's how I did mine and I don't see it working well with the engine in.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    I think he's talking about the front external oil cooler, not the water to oil cooler. If it's that one, then thread sealant won't help, it's a compression fitting, not pipe threads. If it's leaking, either try to tighten it if it's loose, or remove it and clean the mating surfaces.

Also, I would say the Bufkin pipe is an engine out job. That's how I did mine and I don't see it working well with the engine in.
    Yep, front external oil cooler. Seems very tight and I didn't want to break anything. I'll wait until my oil change, remove and clean it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post
    I'd love to, but we are moving back to TX next week . Fort Worth here we come!
    Welcome back to Tx. and to Fort Worth. Hit me up when you get here. It will give me a reason to pull mine out of the garage and drive it. It's been awhile. What part of Fort Worth are you moving to?
    #1 RS6 Mugello/Silver, RNS-E, Revo Tune, Sold. #2 RS6 Avus Silver/Silver, SE Exhaust. 08 Suburban LTZ 4x4. 09 Cadillac CTS-V 670 hp. Sold. 2000 BMW Z3M Roadster Dinan Supercharged, 2008 BM3 m3 Coupe, 2011 BMW M3 sedan, 1990 Spec Miata.

Thanks man! We are in Flower Mound. Shoot me a pm when you're free sometime.