Thread: ECS Tuning dropping the ball -anybody else noticed poor execution?

Thumbs down ECS Tuning dropping the ball -anybody else noticed poor execution?

I ordered several parts for my RS6 and an Audi front license plate bracket for my (new to me) A3 from ECS Tuning in early February. The parts arrived roughly on schedule allowing me to get the car legal to drive in Virginia before my son needs to take it back to school after Spring Break.

Unfortunately, instead of the the front license plate bracket, ECS Tuning shipped an interior part with one sticker on the packaging indicating that it was the license plate bracket and one sticker indicating the actual interior part. An obvious screw up in the warehouse.

I call and ask that the ship me the correct part and give me a label to ship back the wrong part. After insinuating that I can't be trusted, customer service makes it clear that they will not ship out the replacement until the return arrives. At this point, I'm in a bit of a quandry as the A3 can't be legally driven in Virginia and I need to send the car back to college with my son after spring break. ECS promises that they will expedite shipping of the new part the day they get the return. That will just barely give me enough time. I rebox the wrong part, FedEx picks it up and reports the delivery to ECS. 48 hours later ECS tells me that the return has been processed.

I wait for three days and the part never shows up. I call ECS and Customer Service says "oops, the outbound order is still pending because we accidentally issued a refund to your credit card instead of applying the credit to the new part." I give them hell and they promise to ship me the correct part (by now I've missed the opportunity to get the car legal before my son heads back to school).

Thirty minutes later, I get an order confirmation for this latest order... and they have sold me the bracket for $50 more than I originally "bought" it. I call back (roughly the fifth time I've had to call them to get this one part) and point out this problem. The rep corrects the pricing and promises I will have the part by Monday (I'm not holding my breath). I also left a voicemail with a Customer Service supervisor explaining the situation and asking for a return call.

Do you think I would get a call today? Nope.

I've ordered from ECS in the past for RS6 parts, but now I'm leery. Does anybody have any recommendations for alternatives?
    Last edited by cch; March 11th, 2016 at 15:12.

ECS blows. They've lost my business for good. I use Amazon, FCPEuro, EuropaParts, and RockAuto on a regular basis with no complaints.

I have not used ECSTuning in a few months. But I did end up ordering a few items for my 70Kmile service and had no complaints.
    My nephew recently ordered some wheels from them as they were the only ones that had them in stock, and there were no issues there. This was around October 2015 or so.
    He just ordered another set for another car, and I'll keep a close watch on that order to see that things go smooth.
    Sorry to hear of your issues. I will have to keep this in mind for any future considerations.

I really dislike when we are mistreated by resellers. it is just not necessary given how much each has to fight for a such a small profit.
    I never expect much, just enough to keep me a continued loyal customer.

I've had mixed with ECS and don't use them much anymore. Many times their website would say in-stock ready to ship then I would get a notice saying on back order or it just wouldn't ship for a week. I think they are getting better about that though.
    Recently I bought a "Improved valve cover Gasket/tensioner gasket set" from Blaufergnugen, a place I used to use years ago when I had a UrS6. I was very happy with the quality and price of the gasket set as well as shipping. I may check them out more often. For strictly OEM I still use Miramar Audi www.GenuineAudiparts.com
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I have had good luck with them but there are some web issues...
    The phone number listed is disconnected.
    The log-in to your account does not work.
    Their chat function works well for communication and the attendant comes online fairly quickly, so that is good.
    They some times listed parts as in-stock which were not in-stock.

I have also used Pelican Parts, and they are pretty good too.

I had to get a few parts from Audi, such as the overflow tube for the radiator and a Fuel Injector.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Wow. The hits just keep coming. Now they have sent me duplicates of the license plate bracket, requiring yet another phone call to straighten things out.

Their institutional incompetence is staggering. If it goes on any longer, I'll post the email exchange with them. I wonder if they are going out of business and don't have the personnel left to do the basics?

I only use ECS Tuning to check part numbers. I highly recommend BKS-Tuning in Germany...never had any issues and their pries are significantly lower for genuine OEM parts, even after you factor in shipping from Germany
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I particularly do not like when their website ordering system states that the part is in-stock and then after you order it you get a message saying it is not in-stock, and will take x number of days for them to get it! Really fun when you order overnight and pay the extra charge, only to have another week added! Oh well no-one is perfect, neither is ECS......
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Amen brother!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    ECS blows. They've lost my business for good. I use Amazon, FCPEuro, EuropaParts, and RockAuto on a regular basis with no complaints.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth