Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car dies everytime I try and start it

A proper voltage test needs to be conducted. You stated the dash gauge shows less than 10V. That means that your battery has been subject to repeated load cycling that is drawing voltage down and over time I believe has compromised the battery.

If if your alternator isn't charging properly, you will have a short lived moment of joy. Get a proper voltage test done.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

yea def. im gonna drive it this weekend and see what happens. i most likely guarantee because its been sitting awhile. i have a question thats off topic which might sound stupid, but the car slams into reverse and drive hard. when i first bought the car it was like this and i put it on the lift it was a like built or customized tranny. it def did not look original as i had a mechanic look at it too. is the trans going or does it just need adjusting? anyone ever had this problem before?

You could just have upgraded valve body pressure in the trans. Mine is maxed out, and if I slow down really slow, real light on the brake pedal, it gets pissed and slams the gears due to the rpm shift point not being ideal. Never in reverse though. And always smooth and quick shifting when accelerating or decelerating quickly.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

the car shifts really smooth through the gears. only time it slams is like if im gonna back out the driveway it slams in reverse same going forward without moving the car. is there any way to fix this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    You could just have upgraded valve body pressure in the trans. Mine is maxed out, and if I slow down really slow, real light on the brake pedal, it gets pissed and slams the gears due to the rpm shift point not being ideal. Never in reverse though. And always smooth and quick shifting when accelerating or decelerating quickly.