Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best exhaust for an RS6 C5

Best exhaust for an RS6 C5

I am in the market to replace my exhaust. I do love the Akrapovic stuff, but they do not make anything for a C5. Unless I spend a small fortune to mod a C7 exhaust for a C5. Is there anything that would be similar, and I do not need titanium.

If you have some pic or vids of your mods ..

Thanks

Milltek, Depending on your needs Cat or Catless (much cheaper too) downpipes. then Cat back that you have the choice or Resonated or non-resonated. About 5mm larger diameter than stock.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Stock SE with electric dumps.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Eisenmann

Pat (V8Weight) had a set on his first RS6

SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Eisenmann

Pat (V8Weight) had a set on his first RS6

Lets see a Miltek video clip for the Coke vs. Pepsi challenge.....
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

My car is in a thousand pieces at the moment. Sounded real good with the Milltek Catless downpipes and SE exhaust and I'm looking forward to the swap from SE to Full Miltek.
    Roy, WA

I have the Milltek non-resonated and it sounds like a true sports car. Even my wife loves the growl of the exhaust when I get into it.

Safe to assume you are looking for something more loud and brash? There are negligible (if any) power gains for any after market set-ups over the OEM. OEM works just fine on even the fastest cars. Are you looking for a pre-fit bolt-on system? I believe there are only a couple out there that will love to think out the cash burning a hole in your pocket. I have wanted to run Tubi on the car as I have always liked the Tubi on my NSX. Borola might be worth checking out. I personally would stay away from Flowmaster or the like...
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Eisenmann is the best-sounding exhaust but also the most expensive. Milltek sounds great, has options, and won't break the piggy bank. Billy Boat/APR is the middle-of-the-road option between both, but I don't like replacing the signature RS oval exhaust tips with quad tips.

While we're on the topic; for those with Milltek exhausts, does the non-resonated version drone at low RPM's? I figure the turbos will do a good job muffling sound, but it got me thinking after going for a ride in a friend's RS4 who recently added a non-resonated JHM exhaust that droned like crazy.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

I'm planning on purchasing a Milltek non-resonated exhaust for minez

I have had the Eisenmann on the RS6 for a long period. Really like it.

I also have, I believe, a Sportec exhaust NIB. I might possibly be willing to let that go, if interested.

CW

Bringing this back from the grave, where is everyone getting there milltek from? Price?
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Just got mine from USP Motorsports...Black Friday Sale that lasted a couple of weeks...$985.00 with free shipping...took a couple of weeks to get. Maybe reach out to them to see if the'd give you the same deal ~ 15% off list.

Love this thing...non-res....fantastic sound and no drone with my Milltek catless DP's...

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Millt...0aAp_rEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
    Just got mine from USP Motorsports...Black Friday Sale that lasted a couple of weeks...$985.00 with free shipping...took a couple of weeks to get. Maybe reach out to them to see if the'd give you the same deal ~ 15% off list.

Love this thing...non-res....fantastic sound and no drone with my Milltek catless DP's...

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Millt...0aAp_rEALw_wcB
    No drone i like hearing that! I still haven't pulled the trigger on an exhaust because i still want to upgrade the power on the car, so i want something will work with the upgrade also.

I think I also bought the Downpipe back portion of my Miltek exhaust from USP on sale. I was already running Miltek catless downpipes that I bought years ago from Unit20 in the UK. The Miltek tips are a perfect match, just like the OEM but maybe 10% larger oval to fill the space better.
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by rah View Post
    No drone i like hearing that! I still haven't pulled the trigger on an exhaust because i still want to upgrade the power on the car, so i want something will work with the upgrade also.
    Mine was actually stepped down from the Milltek catless DP's to the stock Sport exhaust...it was nice to get those pipes matched up with a turbo to tip matching system. You'll love it...no drone at all, just a little throatier all around. Definitely go non-res if you like a true V8 rumble...

Yea, when I had the SE exhaust and my Miltek downpipes, the SE exhaust just slip inside the Miltek's so I just surrounded the seam with a Band clamp. Now they butt up end to end but a band clamp still works perfect.
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Yea, when I had the SE exhaust and my Miltek downpipes, the SE exhaust just slip inside the Miltek's so I just surrounded the seam with a Band clamp. Now they butt up end to end but a band clamp still works perfect.
    Interesting...my cat back was expanded and notched to and slipped over the outside of the Milltek DP's to make an even transition on the slip joint. The Milltek DP's are definitely larger than stock by the thickness of the SE pipe walls. Agreed that the SE fit perfectly inside the DP's and had a step down clamp to secure them.