Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekend DIY

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Veddy interesting. Was this ordered thru Audi?
    Negative, Audi didn't want to sell me anything but the ARP kit - a $99 pump with a rubber bushing, metal tie-down clamp, and one bolt. They wanted $410 plus 7.5% tax plus $24.95 to ship to me. For those looking for an ARP, if it has to be OE, there's one left in the US on the shelf at a Minneapolis-St Paul dealer, but they want to rip your wallet out through your asshole for it.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

So with buying the Jeep and how much it added to my social calendar, I kept putting off this big maintenance, and decided to just take the damn thing to a local shop (Owner has previously done solid, quality work on the RS6, and had a Phaeton W12 he wanted to sell). Getting the following done:

SJP replaced
    SAI Delete and Block-off
    Aux WP replacement
    PS Fluid replacement
    Coolant top-up
    Injector O-rings replaced
    Bypass Tube O-rings
    Intake Manifold Gaskets
    Cam Position Sensor (sensor body was cracked, no codes thrown, but not taking chances)
    Almost every vacuum line was baked and cracking, all being replaced with Silicone.

So on... Not looking forward to the bill, but at least she'll be all buttoned up and ready for another year of rocketing around the DMV!

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)