Thread: Lower Door Molding Install

Lower Door Molding Install

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the screw size is that holds the lower door molding onto the door? Somehow the wife got the door stuck to a snow bank and the lower door molding lost the screw holding it to the door.

Looks like there was no damage to the lower door molding but the screw holding it onto the door is gone. Also is there a clip that goes onto to the lower door molding and the screw, screws into?

Thanks in advance.

I replaced one of those screws that was corroded with a nice brass wood screw....just look at the OTHER side for the proper screw size! LOL
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I guess I asked it in-correctly. Is there a place where they sell the install kit (hardware) for the lower door moldings?

At lowes......

The clips typically strip and are molded to the trim

I currently have a similar situation with my RS 6. I am replacing all of my lower trim screws with stainless steel pan head machine screws, since mine had started to rust. I believe the size to be an M4-0.70 X 8mm. That is a 4mm bolt with 0.70 thread X 8mm length. I ordered the 10mm length as well because I wasn't sure if the measurements were overall or just thread length. Once I receive them I can update the exact size (length) I used. Hope this helps! BTW I used Fastenal.com

Thanks Jaymon. I might go the same route you are going.