Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi RS6 plus Avant - Hi From Switzerland

Wink Audi RS6 plus Avant - Hi From Switzerland

Hello guys,

I think it's time I introduce myself.
    I'am a petrolhead, and just bought an Audi RS6 to replace my winter car (Audi S4 B5 Stage 2), summer car is a prep Porsche Cayman S.

I had to find a replacement for the S4 pretty quickly, and was open to all options, but I never thought the RS6 were in the budget for my winter car.
    Amazed I was when I saw the market, I quickly went for a few test drives for some "standard" RS6, and I have to say, the rumble of the V8 sells it for 90% for me
    The sound the car make is just intoxicating, I always liked the Quattro for winter as I live in Switzerland, and need a wagon for my Mountain Bike and so on.
    All that to say the RS6 was perfect for all of the above, and you have the pleasure of having a twin turbo V8 with a glory sound

So after a few tests, some RS6s were in bad shape, some less, some too expensive.
    I came accross the "Plus" version and was reading about it, the only few that were available in Switzerland had very high mileage and were overpriced.
    One day, I saw an add for an RS6 plus Black, just like I wanted it, with the Cognac interior, the combo was perfect.
    The car was well below the market price (a few K) so I called the same day of the add, already 5 persons had called. The guy was very polite and told me the suspension had to be changed he just went to the MOT and did a full report, everything was perfect, except the damn DRC..

Thanks to some forums, I knew this damn thing will break anyway, so I made him an offer, and the next day I was onsite to see the most pristine RS6 I came accross all week.
    It was the wife's car, (everything at her name and I met her very nice persons both of them) the car was perfectly maintained. You guessed it, I am in love with the RS6.

Here are the pictures, the car is 85'000 miles and just had a service for around 1.5K 2 weeks ago (still they didnt change the drc because of the price quoted by the audi dealership) :

Glad to be on this board.

Already ordred the Wagner intercooler kit for RS6 + it will be installed this Saturday.

J.

Little update about the RS6 Plus # 105

It has now being freed of all DRC, and is now fitted with a brand new bilstein kit.
    Needless to say, it rides much better, there is a road around where i live that is pretty beaten up, normally everything was shaking, now it rides incredibly well.
    Don't get me wrong, it's still "hard", but I like firm ride anyway.

So now is my question to the comunity.

The guys at the garage asked me about how much drop I wanted, I told them i wanted to be conservative and keep a good ride height.
    They did this config which is with the settings at ~70% of max height.
    They started at 50% and it was way too low, now the car feels good, I went to ride a little bit everywhere, full lock etc, and it is just fine, no rubs or anything.

Nevertheless, I think the car is droping in the front, it looks unbalanced, I wondered if you could share some some pictures of your rides height in order for me to have an idea.
    I have another appointment in about a week in order to install the Wagner Intercoolers, and redo the bilstein in a more precise way.

Now the pictures with the car lowered.

This one is strange, I guess the road was not flat, because I normally have the opposit effect, nose dropping, not ass dropping (nothing against her fat ass, I like it that way)

Regards

Welcome

Great car. Kinda jealous
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Hello and thank you.

I have to admit, I really like her, and her big butt

Welcome aboard the crazy train.

You must understand those of us in the United States never had the opportunity to buy the avant. So we wish to car jack you at the street corner but please dont take it personal. Lol

What is the current measurement between the center cap and front and rear fender?

Shoot for 13 3/4 to 14 inches in front.

The same or 1/4 inch less in the rear

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Welcome

Great car. Kinda jealous
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScruffySeconded.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	17041

Extremely Jealous. Wish we could've gotten the RS6 Avant here! And a Plus, at that!
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Welcome aboard. Great to have another Avant owner on the forum.

Droobui and others. Can you explain what the differences between a regular RS6 Avant and a Plus ?

Thanks,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by essexmetal View Post
    Droobui and others. Can you explain what the differences between a regular RS6 Avant and a Plus ?

Thanks,
    Rick
    Just from memory, so don't quote me:

Factory tuned for +20ish HP, +30ish TQ
    Aluminum pedal set and paddle shifters
    Interior trims in CF with a 15/1 pattern, every 16th thread is blue
    Individually numbered nameplate X of (300?) RS6+

I'm not certain, but I believe they all came with the comfy comfy Recaro bucket seats - that may have just been an option.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    I'm not certain, but I believe they all came with the comfy comfy Recaro bucket seats - that may have just been an option.

O_E
    Fairly sure those were standard on all non-US RS6s.

Thanks Erik for the info. Mine has the Recaro seats and carbonfiber interior. No blue threads or special badging. I was told it has the black out package which like Droobui's car. Everything is black except the wheels and mirrors, but with little to reference to I don't know whether that is special or if all RS6 Avants came that way.

Quote Originally Posted by essexmetal View Post

Thanks,
    Rick
    Hello all,
    and thank you for the warm welcome.

As far as I know the RS6 + differs in the following points :

Performance and options
    Brakes - Perforated discs on 4 corners
    Chassis - ride height reduced by 10mm
    Power - Same TQ as the normal, but available 400rpm before at ~1'900rpm until 6'100rpmbut + 30hp (480 hp instead of 450 hp)
    Options - The "plus" have all the "good bits", last generation MMI interface with the 16:9 screen, solar pannel sunroof, full alcantara etc...
    Exhaust - Optimised Exhaust (that's what Audi claims, but no one on other boards have been able to see "why" it differs or what changes, except the black tips, even if the sound seems more pronounced)
    Speed - No electronic limitation to 250km/h in europe
    Wheels - On demand, dark grey wheels in 19"
    Seats - Recaro seats on all plus as far as I know
    Limited - Only 350 were made (it's sad the badge says 999 ahah)

Available colors and trims
    In term of color, there were only 3 "pack" possible for the plus version.
    The black outside and brown cigar interior with piano black insert like mine.
    Blue outside black inside carbon fiber insert
    Grey outside, black inside carbon and blue contrast insert

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Welcome aboard the crazy train.

You must understand those of us in the United States never had the opportunity to buy the avant. So we wish to car jack you at the street corner but please dont take it personal. Lol
    Ahahahahah thanks for this comment, litteraly made me laugh.
    Don't worry, you have quite a few cars on your continent that we are drooling over in europe as well and were never available to us. (who said AC Cobra ??? )

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    What is the current measurement between the center cap and front and rear fender?

Shoot for 13 3/4 to 14 inches in front.

The same or 1/4 inch less in the rear
    Good question, I have the numbers in the homologation paper I can have a look.
    May I ask why you recommend this setting ? I am open to change it since I only installed the suspension 2 weeks ago, and it was just a "test" height.
    My mechanics did that height because I told them I wanted to be conservative and didn't want to compromise that much my DD.

So you say a little bit less height in the back right ?

I am installing the 10mm spacers all around this Saturday as well, so will give it a try and shoot some pictures of the height.

J.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScruffySeconded.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	17041

Extremely Jealous. Wish we could've gotten the RS6 Avant here! And a Plus, at that!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Droobui View Post
    Don't worry, you have quite a few cars on your continent that we are drooling over in europe as well and were never available to us. (who said AC Cobra ??? )
    Gives me some ideas. Wonder what the legality is for exporting cars from the US to the EU? Could be a real money-maker if demand == $$$

Gives me some ideas. Wonder what the legality is for exporting cars from the US to the EU? Could be a real money-maker if demand == $$$
    Shoot me an email, I already had such a business venture a few years ago, and I am looking for a few cars right now.

I was importing luxury cars mainly Mercedes/BMW from the port of New York.
    Which were, hmmm between 30% and 45% cheaper in the US than the same exact model in Europe....

Now things have changed, they introduced a TAX for private or small business that do import luxury cars in Switzerland, they have to pay between 10 and 17% of tax because of the polution
    .... (polution my ass, it was to protect the big players / importer of Switzerland, they, of course, don't pay this tax...And the 2main players that do import cars in the small country of Switzerland, they are worth Billions... yeah.. Billions of USD... What a bunch of crooks).

So now the focus is more on the "classic/collector" segment, which is veryyyy profitable.
    And as you said, you have some very rare and looked for items in the US.
    But I will tell you more in PM in order to not hijack this presentation topic

Cheers.

J.

Well, we have a high end car store in Scottsdale AZ. We should talk

No rust issues

And yes, the rear measurement is less. Just let us know where your car stands at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Droobui View Post
    Shoot me an email, I already had such a business venture a few years ago, and I am looking for a few cars right now.

I was importing luxury cars mainly Mercedes/BMW from the port of New York.
    Which were, hmmm between 30% and 45% cheaper in the US than the same exact model in Europe....

Now things have changed, they introduced a TAX for private or small business that do import luxury cars in Switzerland, they have to pay between 10 and 17% of tax because of the polution
    .... (polution my ass, it was to protect the big players / importer of Switzerland, they, of course, don't pay this tax...And the 2main players that do import cars in the small country of Switzerland, they are worth Billions... yeah.. Billions of USD... What a bunch of crooks).

So now the focus is more on the "classic/collector" segment, which is veryyyy profitable.
    And as you said, you have some very rare and looked for items in the US.
    But I will tell you more in PM in order to not hijack this presentation topic

Cheers.

J.

The RS6+ also had the extra side radiators behind the Intercoolers (which was also standard in N. America), which were an option for ROW cars. Funny marketing, N. America had the extra radiators and drilled (perforated) brake discs as standard which was an option in the Rest of the World (standard also on the RS6+), but we missed out on so many other great options, 19" wheels, Recaro Sport seats. The Black tip exhaust you will see listed on here just as the SE exhaust (Sound Enhanced). In the states I think it was a $950 option, not cheap.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA