Thread: Crazy makes cameo appearance

Crazy makes cameo appearance

A local shop's TV ad has Crazy making a cameo appearance. It went into the shoot on short notice. Thus; it appeared without any make up (did not have time to clean it up)- LOL

My daughter's R32 also found its' way into the video...;0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyxmn1g4km...Short.mov?dl=0

Further update on Crazy's adventure to follow
    210K miles rolled

Nice!

Looking forward to the updates
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Looking good! How's your daughter's R32 doing? The guy you bought the R32 from got a 335is that he is having problems with. It's good to see the R32 in commercial rather than my rear-view mirror.
    2003 RS6 - Avus Silver Pearl - Ebony Interior - Warm Weather Package - Carbon Fiber - ACE TC - SE Exhaust

R32 #2 is in great shape- R32 #1 not so much (pic below)! Fortunately- no injuries. R32 #2 has the APR tune and KW suspension similar to a certain RS6 I've heard about..;0

Bummer about the 335is news- he was very excited about it.

210K miles rolled

Was that the one you got in Birmingham or was that the one you replaced? That is fortunate there weren't any injuries.

I'm getting excited about my track days that are going to be in about 3 weeks. I keep waiting for something to happen with the car before i can get to the track- I'm holding my breath
    2003 RS6 - Avus Silver Pearl - Ebony Interior - Warm Weather Package - Carbon Fiber - ACE TC - SE Exhaust

That (above with minor ding) is the one we replaced. The one we retrieved from Birmingham (below) was the replacement for the above. I don't understand the confusion...they don't look anything alike..;0

210K miles rolled

Have fun at the track- share some vids with us bears!
    210K miles rolled

One is pointing forward on the trailer & the other is pointing to the rear. I had forgotten the R32 had the APR tune. I'm going to get some video for sure & will post it- wish me luck. We have almost the same tow vehicles , too!

LOL- The two pictures together is the Birmingham car- I was posting two views of the Birmingham car.

I look forward to your vids and story- Have fun on Barber- I wish I could be out there with you!
    210K miles rolled

Hey Randy,
    Just kidding, I could tell the difference.
    I'm really getting fired up for the ride. It's been fun, but frustrating doing the parade laps. How hard is it on the car? I hope it makes it thru OK, but I plan to run it hard- my pads & fluid are fresh. Hopefully no overheating issues- I just had a new radiator done in 2014.
    Ted

335's and BMW's in general are definitely not immune from various issues. I've worked on a few in the last couple of years. Fuel pumps, VANOS solenoids, Water pumps (They have electric main water pumps), Thermostats (yes, electric too). Labor to do these jobs at the dealer is expensive unless you have a sucker for a friend (Me) who helps you out.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

My mechanic works at the local BMW dealer & says that all the stuff on the newer BMWs- especially the twin turbos- is crazier than even our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by jtmdmd1 View Post
    I'm really getting fired up for the ride. It's been fun, but frustrating doing the parade laps. How hard is it on the car? I hope it makes it thru OK, but I plan to run it hard- my pads & fluid are fresh. Hopefully no overheating issues- I just had a new radiator done in 2014.
    Ted

As long as you don't spring a coolant leak- you should be fine with temps in this weather. Regarding the brake fluid- I assume you have race fluid in it (i.e. Motul RBF 660, etc). I have not encountered significant brake issues at Barber with the heavy pig. Be aware of the pedal and if it softens up, end the session and let them cool. Put eyes on brake pad material between each session. However; I suspect the brakes will be fine. I prefer to run it in Tip Mode and short shift it. No reason to high rev it (of course it is fun for the sound effect from time to time).

You are going to have too much fun!
    210K miles rolled

Temperature was one reason I wanted to do the February session- unless we have one of the rare snow events for Birmingham. I have Motul RBF 600 & Hawk HPS pads. Before I ran the Tail of the Dragon, I had just done new pads, rotors, & Motul 660. It made it good for a while, but about halfway thru my final run the pedal went soft. It must of been some glazing or overheating the fluid, I don't have SS lines.

Thanks for the shifting suggestions- I'll let you know how things go.