Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Out with the old and in with #4 rs6

It seems like I spend that much per year for maintenance & repairs on mine & I still have a CEL on It sounds like everything major has been done on this car & it has new tires.
    2003 RS6 - Avus Silver Pearl - Ebony Interior - Warm Weather Package - Carbon Fiber - ACE TC - SE Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by jtmdmd1 View Post
    Check this one out for #5 or parts

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/5426054113.html
    Car looks pretty clean indeed. Might in fact be the record holder for most mileage on a chassis. The one I had here was just shy of 250K.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Actually does look pretty clean for the miles. Of course they conveniently never show the drivers seat bolster, which doesn't appear to be destroyed, but still...of all the pictures you SHOULD have...

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Actually does look pretty clean for the miles. Of course they conveniently never show the drivers seat bolster, which doesn't appear to be destroyed, but still...of all the pictures you SHOULD have...
    There is always Shokan for a replacement seat though of lower mile vintage. But I agree, show me the bolsters!
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Cleans up nice

It should. Only needsi a simple coolant pipe.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Congrats on the new addition to the family.
    It is just too bad you live far away. I'd always be happy to land a hand on any DIY RS projects.

The valve cover gaskets are leaking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    It should. Only needsi a simple coolant pipe.

Well after the proper diagnosis at my house. We are fixing the real problem

Stupid pump

Its the second time

I will do VC and suction jet pump this time around.

Which car # is this?

The new one. It was not the Bufkin....I should have checked the car out myself.

It would have been done today. Now I have to reorder parts.

At 111k it was the second pump. We could see each step from the prev grease monkey as we followed the zip ties and screw clamps. Kinda comical really.

The Intake was a rats nest of lines to remove but Audi wanted to charge the prev owner 12+hrs of labor at $140hr.

A joke...we were there In 2hrs putzing around. Mind you, this was the same Audi dealer that used a Wix filter and non-505.01 oil on his last oil change. Idiots
    Last edited by DHall1; February 8th, 2016 at 05:57.

What the hell causes this?

How much time do you have in it?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Kyle

Did you miss the part when i said 2hrs? We have been texting you all weekend. You missed all the fun.

As for the pump. Stupid design and coolant leaks past the shaft into the electronics side and shorts it out. Then it gets worse and spills into the valley.

Nice Supra, used to own a White. Wonder if it's still alive - guess not.

Time for a change for me as well. Stay tuned.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Kyle

Did you miss the part when i said 2hrs? We have been texting you all weekend. You missed all the fun.

As for the pump. Stupid design and coolant leaks past the shaft into the electronics side and shorts it out. Then it gets worse and spills into the valley.
    Yup, missed the 2 hrs. Looks like I had some text messaging issues.

I vividly remember another member having a very hard time with this project. Glad to hear it's not really terrible....
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Make no mistake, this diy repair is not for everyone.

Pay attention at every step.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Yup, missed the 2 hrs. Looks like I had some text messaging issues.

I vividly remember another member having a very hard time with this project. Glad to hear it's not really terrible....

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Make no mistake, this diy repair is not for everyone.

Pay attention at every step.
    Is this / other DIY stuff covered in the Bentley Manual? After the 5th or 6th project where I opened it and it said something along these lines:
    "Adapt A6 repair procedure as needed."
    I pretty well gave up on it...

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)