Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New RS6 owner! Need air filter recommendations

New RS6 owner! Need air filter recommendations

I would like an ITG filter but can't seem to find where to get one, and know k&n's can damage MAF's. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!!!

Maintain your stock filters. They filter the best and you'll NEVER see or feel a difference with any other filter.

As Mike says above, there is NOTHING wrong with the OEM paper units. Any and ALL revisions to a different filter are for ego purposes and potentially rob you in the end. You aren't driving through the desert as part of the Baja race trying to keep rocks and sand out of the engine are you??
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

^^^All this...so how about some info on the car?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

No, not planning on doing any Baja racing Bigglezworth haha. Just looking for some performance gains. Any who the car is 03 Avus Silver, Black interior, 100k on the odo and bone stock other than Hotchkis swaybars. I plan on getting a REVO chip soon, lowering the car and getting some wheels....more to come!

Sounds nice. Do not get REVO, one of the poorer tunes, and it's a flash not chip replacement. TCU is chip replacement. Look into 034 Motorsports, they do both. Just remember your trans is at greater risk when tuned, $8k risk, so get the TCU chip when you get your ECU tuned. HR coils seem to be a favorite, good ride, price, height.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by VAG View Post
    Just looking for some performance gains.
    Swapping out OEM for aftermarket in an attempt to "gain more power" is a common myth - especially on this ride. None to be had. Keep your money in your wallet as it will guaranteed be required elsewhere.... IF you really wanted to have a performance advantage over the next RS6 owner, you should have started with a Mugello Blue exterior. lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    IF you really wanted to have a performance advantage over the next RS6 owner, you should have started with a Mugello Blue exterior. lol
    Tim is right..as usual...

What everyone else said. With that said, by OEM they mean a Mann or Mahle brand filter. Don't go with a cheap paper then you may be loosing some filtering. As lswing said, don't go with Revo, good price and Ok tune but not good, a touch lean. 034 is good for sure but read some posts of late on here you may have some new choices. A lot of smart coding guys are jumping from the B5 S4 Chassis and into the C5 RS6 and doing some good work, probably save some money too.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Stick with stock air filters...and keep the car stock
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Thanks for all the good info guys! Only reason I was leaning towards REVO tune (stage2) is because you can adjust boost and timing. I'd like to do Meth injection and being able to adjust timing/boost will be necessary. Are there any other adjustable tunes out there?

Thanks for all the good info guys! Only reason I was leaning towards REVO tune (stage2) is because you can adjust boost and timing. I'd like to do Meth injection and being able to adjust timing/boost will be necessary. Are there any other adjustable tunes out there?
    REVO does not allow fueling which screws you. I had to piggyback some Unitronic software on for fuel, but it's a pain. Most of the companies will adjust your tune when needed.

What lswing said. I had the Revo and also had to use the Unitronic software to adjust the fueling slightly as the Revo would allow a little Boost and Timing change but without adding extra fuel you can ruin a Turbo engine quickly.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

So it sounds like the Unitronic chip is the most tunable?

So it sounds like the Unitronic chip is the most tunable?
    1, it's a tune/flash, no replacement of the chip.

2, no on Unitronic. Myself and others found a workaround to use the software on an already flashed car, but it's fuel only. Only reason to use it.

So...Eurocharged has a hand programmer, you could use them. Both Daz and Marc are Indy tuners, you need to dig for their contact or wait, someone will chime in.

APR is too spendy, not worth it. Viper seems good but is in UK. AMD up near Seattle is a good bet too.

Use Google to search this forum by using the term "site:rs6.com whatYouWantToFind"

And MAKE SURE to get the TCU chipped for better shifting.

I've been sitting on a Eurocharged programmer for nearly a year now; you'd think I'd have gotten a tune by now. Now that I have a Porsche I might try to get a deal on tuning both, so I'll have to report back with that once it's done.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Well I ended up getting the REVO flash with SPS. The car feels faster and definitely more torquey. Sounds like a TCU chip is next. Also I'll be data logging to make sure I'm not running lean as I've read this could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Swapping out OEM for aftermarket in an attempt to "gain more power" is a common myth - especially on this ride. None to be had. Keep your money in your wallet as it will guaranteed be required elsewhere.... IF you really wanted to have a performance advantage over the next RS6 owner, you should have started with a Mugello Blue exterior. lol
    LMFAO!!!!! Nice.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes