Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Group buy for Kohlenstoff front spoiler

#1 - LaserSVT - Hmmm
    #2 - s8prtotype - Carbon
    #3 - 6172crew - Unpainted
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Darn wish these are a bit cheaper. And I might be interested if my Cupra lip didn't show up today!

Vag, they're heavily discounted from the last time they were offered... jus sayin
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

2 more of you guys come on! Need to get this process started! Ready to pay!

LOL! Mine will be painted. We have two people that want them in the UK as well but the shipping thing is the issue. In order to do that he said I need 3 of the same kind going to the UK (two want CF) and can have 3 mix and match for USA. So we are almost there!
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

I know there is a couple guys here that'll spring for the last 2, come on now. re-sell them for more lol.

Hey folks. That's a good deal, it is due to the fall of he yen against the dollar when we did our group buy a few years ago, plus it sounds like they got a U.S. distributor. When I did this, all of them came in a large crate that I had to source from a customs broker in New Jersey. The unexpected costs were the brokerage and customs fees. If they now have a US distributor the issue should be solved. I stashed away a couple of these. Hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencl View Post
    Hey folks. That's a good deal, it is due to the fall of he yen against the dollar when we did our group buy a few years ago, plus it sounds like they got a U.S. distributor. When I did this, all of them came in a large crate that I had to source from a customs broker in New Jersey. The unexpected costs were the brokerage and customs fees. If they now have a US distributor the issue should be solved. I stashed away a couple of these. Hehehe.
    Good summary. As further clarification, there will ALWAYS be a brokerage and customs charge to import to the US - even if they have a local distributor, you will see that as a cost in the product. Also, references to "the dollar" are a US dollar. Members who live in Canada will be affeccted at a 35% rate to account for the CDN dollar value on the world market.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I do wonder, with the specific intake cooling ducts on the belly pan, and the stock bumper tilting up to allow air under; how much will this spoiler reduce quality cooling airflow?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

debby downer

Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post
    debby downer
    Let me add to that...this is the closest shot I've seen of one; look at how horrible the fit is around the corner by the wheel, not sure I could tolerate that. Looks to fit nice in the middle, maybe this just needs more tape or glue

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spoiler.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	17078
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Folks,

there is no tape required for fitting these. They use one of the existing mounting screws in the wheel well, and they essentially snap fit. The fit is impeccable if not too tight. I actually use a layer of film to go between the paint and the spoiler.

They really bring the front end of these cars into this decade...

stephen

Yeah that is actually my car at G2's shop. Like Stephencl said it snaps on extremely tight and bolts on inside the wheel well. When I installed it I felt like I was going to snap the carbon fiber because of the tight fit and need to have it flex around the car. I'm curious where you found that picture!

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Let me add to that...this is the closest shot I've seen of one; look at how horrible the fit is around the corner by the wheel, not sure I could tolerate that. Looks to fit nice in the middle, maybe this just needs more tape or glue

Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

Quote Originally Posted by repda503 View Post
    Yeah that is actually my car at G2's shop. Like Stephencl said it snaps on extremely tight and bolts on inside the wheel well. When I installed it I felt like I was going to snap the carbon fiber because of the tight fit and need to have it flex around the car. I'm curious where you found that picture!
    I thought so, hope it gets fixed up soon! Pic was on FB, if I was still in town I would have snapped it myself, great looking car So basically you didn't bolt it tight on the sides due to worry of it cracking? Guessing others have got it to fit good, that spot just always stood out to me even when bolted up clean.

The lip honestly does not even need the bolts at the wheel well since it fits tightly and mine are pretty loose as is. Not sure if tightening the bolts would eliminate that gap; I just didn't want it too tight because my ride height is lower than stock and the lip has some give to it that I prefer.

Unfortunately the car might be down in Eugene a few more weeks as I'm currently trying to source a 'new' used engine.
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

couple more guys and the ball is rollingggg come ooonnn

Angle and shadow.

The gap is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post