Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Group buy for Kohlenstoff front spoiler

Group buy for Kohlenstoff front spoiler

Okay, a few here have asked me about a group buy with the Kolenstoff front spoiler. I contacted the US distributor and he said if we order 5 or more we can get a group buy on them.
    Normal prices are:
    $1000 Carbon Fiber
    $675 FRP Unpainted
    $900 FRP painted

If we do a group buy the prices are:
    Carbon- $900 shipped in the lower 48
    FRP Unpainted:$545 shipped in the lower 48
    FRP Painted: $770 shipped in the lower 48

They take 4-6 weeks and come from Japan. They seem to be of high quality when I talked to a couple people that have them. I know Mr Hall had one but I don't think he liked it.

Here is the spoiler I am talking about:

2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Recommend you inquire further about the shipping logistics as the few members on here that have one of these were subjected to additional costs that weren't known up front that I am of the understanding increased the final landed costs you reference.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I have confirmed with the distributor that is the price to your door.

if I didn't have my mini spoilers I'd be all over this deal. I really like the look of this front spoiler!!
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

How does it fit to the front bumper? In the pictures at the side of the bumper it looks almost if you have to cut the bottom of the bumper for it to mate too?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Interested about fit also; glue or bolts, removable?

Bill, you getting painted? Can they do Mugello Blue? How many HP will this add?...kidding.

Thanks! I'm on the fence...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

No cutting required at all. It uses that 3M bonding tape but I imagine I will reinforce with some clips in the bottom. If you have the fog light deletes you do have to trim the spoiler (not the car, the new part) a couple inches where it goes near the fog lamps. Yes I am gonna go with painted for mine and they can do Mugello. He said they can do any OEM Audi color.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    No cutting required at all. It uses that 3M bonding tape but I imagine I will reinforce with some clips in the bottom. If you have the fog light deletes you do have to trim the spoiler (not the car, the new part) a couple inches where it goes near the fog lamps. Yes I am gonna go with painted for mine and they can do Mugello. He said they can do any OEM Audi color.
    Copy that, I may have just fallen over the fence...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    How does it fit to the front bumper? In the pictures at the side of the bumper it looks almost if you have to cut the bottom of the bumper for it to mate too?
    It's an extremely tight "slip" over the bottom portion of the front bumper skin. I can post pics later.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I had no problems with mine.

Just beware if you choose carbon.

Low clearance and damage if you hit anything

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I had no problems with mine.

Just beware if you choose carbon.

Low clearance and damage if you hit anything
    And the only thing that worries me about that is my driveway. I need to hire some guys to level the dang thing out. Everyplace elde i drive I keep in mind where the steep crub entrances are and just dont go there in the Audi. LOL
    But I would hate to spend a G and then hit a driveway wrong and snap that damn thing.

#2 Going Carbon with the Mugello and my new wheel color for this summer. #hidesfromwife
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

When I had 905355, I REALLY wanted one of these and was skimming to purchase one...

To me, it makes the front of the clip look as it should, not like the car is sticking out its chin.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Come on fella's i'm trying to change the car up a bit for spring...

#1 - LaserSVT
    #2 - s8prtotype
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

I have one. It slips on very tight and may scratch your paint around the sides over time. Has 2 bolts per side to lock on. Makes the car look much more aggressive in a tasteful way IMO.
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

Quote Originally Posted by repda503 View Post
    I have one. It slips on very tight and may scratch your paint around the sides over time. Has 2 bolts per side to lock on. Makes the car look much more aggressive in a tasteful way IMO.
    Did you remove your lower center metal trim, or dipped? Looks nice all black on the lower.

Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post
    Come on fella's i'm trying to change the car up a bit for spring...

#1 - LaserSVT
    #2 - s8prtotype
    i'd contemplate getting a second one for the second ride here, but with the CAN/USD exchange rates currently likely going to end up listing the additional beast here in the next month or so and wean myself down to just one. Landed cost for a $900USD item to a Canadian destination will end up being in excess of $1,500.00 by the time you do currency exchange, add duty, tax, and finally brokerage.

In for a regular one unpainted.