Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh I love this car....RS7 vs my RS6

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    ha You didn't. Just following up on that Unicorn reference. Audi's revival of the Edsel is a fantastic piece of engineering - well at least the drivetrain is. The exterior is something only a mother could love for many - me included. I would love to have 12 years of improvement in a tranny which is where the bulk of the additional improvement in acceleration is extracted from.
    Exactly my point re the tranny. Great engine but tranny is weak..to the extent that I am afraid I will lose to the newer 300 hp cars with faster shifting trannies.
    Last edited by Cmnair; January 21st, 2016 at 23:25.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Exactly my point re the tranny. Great engine but tranny is weak..to the extent that I am afraid I will lose to the newer 300 hp cars with faster shifting trannies.
    Thats what makes me wonder if your car is okay. I play a lot with mine and what I have seen is anything putting down between 440-480 rwhp is slower off the line (usually due to spin) but from a roll is usually quicker by a tad from 30-70 and then the Audi takes over again. That, I assume, would probably be due to the Audis higher TQ numbers. These are Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers and similar vehicles. They usually are 500-800 lbs lighter than mine and have the much faster shifting 6 speed and 8 speed autos. I know I am 443 awhp and these are all cars that I will beat by a couple lengths. Even when the car only laid down 340ish at the wheels it kept with and passed a C5 Z06 and those put down 360ish stock. I have since run into Val (the Vettes owner) a couple times and he does not know what the car makes but it only has mufflers and an SCT box tune. I have heard him pull out of our meets a couple times and get on it to show off and it sounds like he could use a little shifting lesson but I have heard worse.
    So if you are worried about losing to a 300hp car (save for an Aerial Atom or a gutted SRT4) I would think you have issues with the car or you are really underestimating it.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Thats what makes me wonder if your car is okay. I play a lot with mine and what I have seen is anything putting down between 440-480 rwhp is slower off the line (usually due to spin) but from a roll is usually quicker by a tad from 30-70 and then the Audi takes over again. That, I assume, would probably be due to the Audis higher TQ numbers. These are Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers and similar vehicles. They usually are 500-800 lbs lighter than mine and have the much faster shifting 6 speed and 8 speed autos. I know I am 443 awhp and these are all cars that I will beat by a couple lengths. Even when the car only laid down 340ish at the wheels it kept with and passed a C5 Z06 and those put down 360ish stock. I have since run into Val (the Vettes owner) a couple times and he does not know what the car makes but it only has mufflers and an SCT box tune. I have heard him pull out of our meets a couple times and get on it to show off and it sounds like he could use a little shifting lesson but I have heard worse.
    So if you are worried about losing to a 300hp car (save for an Aerial Atom or a gutted SRT4) I would think you have issues with the car or you are really underestimating it.
    Bill..i get that you are enthusiastic about this car and it is a great car, don't get me wrong, but a 340 awhp 4000 lb sedan with that gen 5AT is not beating a stock C5 Z06...something must be wrong with that Z06. I had a stage 3 EPL tuned A6 2.7t 6 speed at the same time I owned my vette...it was tuned with water/meth injection and put down 427 awhp...it would keep up with my stock Z06 but just barely. My A6 weighed 3650 lbs.

My RS6 is an honest to goodness APR chipped car boosting to 17 psi....I have to data log it but it was running fine before my vacuum leak issues. I am just afraid to launch the car and break something. Even though I haven't tried it I also heard that this car is not easy to launch without bogging. I hear a lot of people talking about the duck-foot-rat technique of launching...so launching this auto off the line is not easy.

Again the engine is strong but the tranny is poorly matched IMO. Is your transmission modified in any way? Looks like you gained 100 awhp from the previous tune which is great.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I just have the updated TC and fluid changes done every 18-20k. And its not about enthusiasm. Well kinda is but the car does what it does and I am not gonna knock it. Car has no issues launching as well. For mine what I have seen and felt to be the best is to put it in D, turn off the ESP, brake boost to 2100 RPM and let off the brake. It gets a little wheel spin while it ferociously accelerates. No weird clunks, shifts smooth and fast into the next gear and does not complain. In "S" its a bit to much and shifts too hard where I do fear for the trans. From a roll I use S mode as it pulls a bit better and deeper into redline before shifting but from a dig it works great using the method I outlined. No bog and no waiting for boost.
    Ran a C6 Z06 like that and just lept away but by 60 he was reeling me in fast and by 80 he passed me hard. I have also run a few non Z06 C5s and have no issue outrunning them.

I too have had a built 2.7 S4 that did 412 at the wheels but it did not come on as early as the RS6 does and the torque curve wasnt anything like the RS6 flat-line thats there from 2000-6800 RPM.

Like I said before, i will make sure to get some video next runs. Maybe strap my action cam to the roof or something. LOL For now you can really only go off my word and maybe 200 other peoples from Waco. Nobody paid any attention to the car in the first few meets. After it took down some cars that people said there was no way it could it stated getting lots of attention and many call outs. Mustangs and Camaros and GTOs and G8s are all non issues. Some are close but the Audi has only lost to a couple. C6 Corvetts though are a different story. But all the C6s in my group are fairly heavily modded and i have yet to run a stock one.

Day before yesterday i surprised the hell out of this guy:

I pulled out the phone to snap a picture at the light and he saw that so he started to rev and when the light turned green he took off (first pic). Sounded killer and looked great. We got to the next light and I gave him a thumbs up and he smiled and started to rev again so I did my launch when the light turned green and we were dead nuts even until what sounded like him shifting into too high of a gear and I passed him then let off by for the next light (second pic). This time he gave me a thumbs up and had his camera out and snapped a picture. LOL After that we both drove kinda normal and went onto I35.

Nice! Your car looks great btw...Mugello was my first choice but could not find one when I was looking. Will try your launch technique if I can build up the courage lol. The way I enjoy this car is smooth application of throttle while rolling and then enjoying the seemingly never ending swell of torque ....really nothing like it.

Thanks. I love this machine. Love its color and the power and the luxury plus how it flys under the radar. Few weeks ago I felt bad. I was on the highway doing 15 over the limit and as I passed a GT500 (he was just cruising doing the limit) the radar went off and out came the hidden SHO. I figured there goes my insurance rates but he flew up to the Mustang and pulled him over. LOL

I loved all my Mustangs and Corvettes and Porsches but everyone always tried to race them and cops always watched the cars and often followed me for long periods. The Audi, they dont even glance my way. LOL

Are you building boost when you rev to 2100?

Numbers in the video speak for themselves... I believe that thse days there are quite a few running Marc's tune...

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/25...l=1#post250475

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Are you building boost when you rev to 2100?
    Yes but I never paid attention as to how much. I usually have the screen set to read timing/IAT/EGT/knock activity when running someone.

Quote Originally Posted by fbatwork View Post
    Numbers in the video speak for themselves... I believe that thse days there are quite a few running Marc's tune...

How many C5 RS6s have run that time? I have seen a couple of posts from Marc himself but nothing from anyone else..

Quote Originally Posted by fbatwork View Post

I owned the blue car in this video for 5 years and put on an additional 45K with Marc's tune (purchased from him c/w the tune). Until just a year and a bit ago, I think I was the only member running Marc's tune. It has always worked well from my perspective and a significant improvement to baseline OEM performance. Car ran an 11.7 @ 121 trap w/ 1.62 60ft time after cat delete and basic weight reductions at my local track (elevation corrected). I haven't invested any time or $ to better that number, but do believe there is a solid 2-3 10ths more that can be extracted without getting crazy with timely and costly modifications. That would be the threshold though IMO until you cross that ill-fated line....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I owned the blue car in this video for 5 years and put on an additional 45K with Marc's tune (purchased from him c/w the tune). Until just a year and a bit ago, I think I was the only member running Marc's tune. It has always worked well from my perspective and a significant improvement to baseline OEM performance. Car ran an 11.7 @ 121 trap w/ 1.62 60ft time after cat delete and basic weight reductions at my local track (elevation corrected). I haven't invested any time or $ to better that number, but do believe there is a solid 2-3 10ths more that can be extracted without getting crazy with timely and costly modifications. That would be the threshold though IMO until you cross that ill-fated line....
    That is a damn good quarter mile time...no wonder you were door to door with the RS7

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    That is a damn good quarter mile time...no wonder you were door to door with the RS7
    Corbetts car will out do this and is in that additional 2-3 10ths improved time area I reference. Not surprisingly though, traction does start to become a problem believe it or not even with a quattro system.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Giggle!! I didn't think this post would turn into people comparing this car to a Z06 Corvette, gutted SRT4, or Ariel Atom....or a Veyron....

Can I find something faster? Easy....can I find something cheaper? Sure......Can I find me a car....a 4 door sedan....that I can pick my parents up from the airport with...go to a play with another couple......that I have a trailer hitch on.....that will haul an entertainment center.....that will go through a foot of snow....that will still trash a new Mustang....run with a 120k RS7?? Nope....

Just saying....for $/0-60 I haven't found a more capable machine....if someone has an option....let me know!!

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    giggle!! I didn't think this post would turn into people comparing this car to a z06 corvette, gutted srt4, or ariel atom....or a veyron....

Can i find something faster? Easy....can i find something cheaper? Sure......can i find me a car....a 4 door sedan....that i can pick my parents up from the airport with...go to a play with another couple......that i have a trailer hitch on.....that will haul an entertainment center.....that will go through a foot of snow....that will still trash a new mustang....run with a 120k rs7?? Nope....

Just saying....for $/0-60 i haven't found a more capable machine....if someone has an option....let me know!!
    amen!!!!
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Giggle!! I didn't think this post would turn into people comparing this car to a Z06 Corvette, gutted SRT4, or Ariel Atom....or a Veyron....

Can I find something faster? Easy....can I find something cheaper? Sure......Can I find me a car....a 4 door sedan....that I can pick my parents up from the airport with...go to a play with another couple......that I have a trailer hitch on.....that will haul an entertainment center.....that will go through a foot of snow....that will still trash a new Mustang....run with a 120k RS7?? Nope....

Just saying....for $/0-60 I haven't found a more capable machine....if someone has an option....let me know!!
    Exactly...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Hands down the best performing AWD winter performance platform out there IMO. Yes I would surely enjoy a CTS-V or a 6.3/6.5 AMG screamer, but I need multi-purpose for all seasons and know I would kill myself with a two wheel monster driving during Oct-Apr months in my neck of the woods. Besides, I have a pair of RWD vehicles that both outrun my Audi's and both outrun their competitors also, so simply happy to have a strong performing all weather ride like the RS6 is great.

This is a really great post
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats