Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh I love this car....RS7 vs my RS6

Oh I love this car....RS7 vs my RS6

Came off the cloverleaf in my MSP RS6 behind an RS7....oh boy oh boy....too fun.....door to door from 40 to 120....he braked before I did as we were running up fast on a car in my lane...a $20k car vs a 120K car....just when I'm ready to give up on Things 1-3.....I get so impressed...

Well done!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

LOL
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

You really kept pace with an RS7? My friend has one (APR chipped), but even stock it is at a whole different level
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Most excellent.

EDIT: Wish I had stuff like that to play with here. We all went to Mexico tonight and I was first trail camera car for a 2014 full bolt on Mustang GT and a surprisingly quick Mazdaspeed3. I had to completely get off the throttle 3 times to keep from pushing the Mustang. LOL I then ran a full bolt on Pontiac G8 GXP several times from a roll and easily walked him. He insisted on a couple dig runs and I thought he was nuts. I think I have my launch down on my car now so when we went I put 4+ cars on him before 2nd gear and kept running away. There is a 1000HP twin turbo CTS V in our group i want to run from a dig. I know I will have him to at least 60.
    We just dont have any fast Euros around. Well one friend is finishing up his 2001 BMW 540i 6-speed turbo wagon so that should be fun. Another friend just got a 1998 Eclipse GSX thats making 812 awhp. I dont wanna run him. That thing is stupid fast. LOL Engine bay is a thing of beauty and has an 82mm turbo.

But this is the group I hang with. There are some quick cars but I think my Audi is the quickest to 60 aside from the GSX.
    https://youtu.be/WN63a3jA6Qg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN63a3jA6Qg
    Last edited by LaserSVT; January 21st, 2016 at 08:31.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

I had run with an RS7 a few months back and that owner was more than surprised when I kept pace with his new 100K+ ride... 12 year old tech vs. new tech and no one would know.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Wonder what kind of magical RS6s you guys drive
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Mugello blue is the fastest version, or didn't you know?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Mugello blue is the fastest version, or didn't you know?
    Get videos next time you have these runs...you beat a Z06 before (your car was close to stock performance right?) and now a full bolt on GXP? We are starting to sound like the BMW forums kill stories posters

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Get videos next time you have these runs...you beat a Z06 before (your car was close to stock performance right?) and now a full bolt on GXP? We are starting to sound like the BMW forums kill stories posters
    A C5 Z06 is quick but is still less power and way less TQ. And the way the car is tuned now I have more power than a GXP and am lighter. I am always shocked and saddened when a couple RS6 owners say things like that. It makes me wonder what is wrong with their car. RS6 is nowhere near king of the hill but they are very fast and when tuned properly there isn't much that will beat them from a dig on the street save for the rare super/hypercar. Its like I know my buddies TT CTS-V will destroy me on any kind of roll and also from a dig at the track. But on the street its a different story doing a dig. 1000hp does not hook well on the street through only 2 tires.
    Power is nothing without control.

I'd say against the RS7 it's up to the drivers since on paper it's about 2 seconds faster 0-100mph at least. http://fastestlaps.com/models/audi-rs7-sportback

Hangs close enough for a $20k car compared to a $120k car though...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Sorry man no offence but I am just being realistic. I used to own a C5 Z06. Sorry that you are shocked ....as I said please get videos if you can. C5 Z06 is 405 HP at 3100ish lbs...so you can get a sense of power to weight. Yes you will get him from a roll if he is not a good driver but after that he will catch you. Stock they run low 12s @115 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I'd say against the RS7 it's up to the drivers since on paper it's about 2 seconds faster 0-100mph at least. http://fastestlaps.com/models/audi-rs7-sportback

Hangs close enough for a $20k car compared to a $120k car though...
    Two seconds to 100 is a huge difference man. RS7 runs low 120s in the quarter mile stock as well. So stock to stock they are on another planet.

Wonder what kind of magical RS6s you guys drive
    It is possible. Aggressive tune and a number of weight deletes on a C5 RS6 is equivalent to the 12yr newer OEM RS7. No where did I say it was the same as an APR tuned RS7. I have on more than a number of occasions pushed our C5 hulk past the 12sec barrier which is well in the rhelm of the newer Audi Edsel.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Sorry man no offence but I am just being realistic. I used to own a C5 Z06. Sorry that you are shocked ....as I said please get videos if you can. C5 Z06 is 405 HP at 3100ish lbs...so you can get a sense of power to weight. Yes you will get him from a roll if he is not a good driver but after that he will catch you. Stock they run low 12s @115 mph.
    I have owned one as well. And an FRC. I am aware of the cars abilities. But you are spot on. MOST people with a Corvette cant drive the stick to its full potential. And off the line there are traction issues. The RS6 removes those variables. Plant right foot and hold on.
    Many times when I run LS cars they drop a half car or more every time they shift.

I will try and get videos though. There are a couple on our private forum that I am not sure how to download them. One is against a new full bolt on GT, another is a bolt on 2014 GT and another against a Cobra. The guy in the G8 just posted a video of last night but it was when we were trailing two cars. He seems unwilling to share the videos of our runs. LOL
    Last edited by LaserSVT; January 21st, 2016 at 21:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    It is possible. Aggressive tune and a number of weight deletes on a C5 RS6 is equivalent to the 12yr newer OEM RS7. No where did I say it was the same as an APR tuned RS7. I have on more than a number of occasions pushed our C5 hulk past the 12sec barrier which is well in the rhelm of the newer Audi Edsel.
    Where did I accuse you of saying that lol? So you have run below 12 secs in your RS6? That is awesome!

Where did I accuse you of saying that lol? So you have run below 12 secs in your RS6? That is awesome!
    ha You didn't. Just following up on that Unicorn reference. Audi's revival of the Edsel is a fantastic piece of engineering - well at least the drivetrain is. The exterior is something only a mother could love for many - me included. I would love to have 12 years of improvement in a tranny which is where the bulk of the additional improvement in acceleration is extracted from.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    ha You didn't. Just following up on that Unicorn reference. Audi's revival of the Edsel is a fantastic piece of engineering - well at least the drivetrain is. The exterior is something only a mother could love for many - me included. I would love to have 12 years of improvement in a tranny which is where the bulk of the additional improvement in acceleration is extracted from.
    Yeah I was expressing my want of 900+ HP and stay auto and the subject of the new trans came up. Coding could be handled but the mounting is all kinds of different so I am told. Could make it work but I could also but another two RS6s instead. LOL
    I do love the performance of the RS7 and its interior is great but I just don't like its side profile or rear profile.