Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saying goodbye to the beast - totalled

Bummer for sure. You obviously put allot of effort (not to mention $$$'s) into making it yours ... so I feel for "your loss".

That said, I'd be interested in the small plastic aluminum colored piece that goes under the driver's side headlight ... if it's still intact.

Thx!

LOL..scavengers!!!!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I've received a lot of PM's already and am doing my best to respond to them all but it may take some time.

I did buy the car back from the insurance company. It basically went like LaserSVT described. The buyback price was based off of quotes the insurance company received from third parties to buy the car for salvage.

I spent a lot of time debating the best route to take, but in the end I decided buying it back and parting it out was the best. Repairs would have run an estimated $9k for parts alone, if I did all of the labor. At that price I decided I'd be better off claiming it on insurance. And with a part out, hopefully I can help others keep their cars going for a bit less money.

I might be interested in selling the whole car, I've had a couple of people express interest but no actual offers yet. As of now though I think I'll come out ahead with a part out. The only drawback to that is I'll probably end up with a lot of leftover parts that no one wants, along with the shell of the car. And it would be a shame to scrap all of that..

Hahnmgh63, I liked the clutch. It could get a little chattery once it was warm, but once I drove it a bit it wasn't a problem, and I never once had trouble with it holding the torque.

LaserSVT, ddillenger, 231redpig, bethridg, Roots, please PM me with the parts you'd like, so I can hopefully keep track of everyone's requests, and not clutter up this thread with sales related stuff.

And LaserSVT, that GTR meme is priceless, and ever so accurate!
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Sent PM with 6spd request but don't see the message in my sent folder. If you didn't get it, you can replay to ryan@dubwerx.com. Sorry for your loss :-(

Having been down this road, I would echo the comment to consider selling the car as is to someone on the forum. Your car has a number of nice mods, and if you sell it for the right amount, someone may pick it up and do the repairs for a win-win. You end up with more $$ than the totaled quote from the insurance company, and someone else ultimately ends up with a rebuilt RS6 at a great price. Part it out and you'll be left with a lot of work and a chassis to deal with. You will get some cash for the parts, but with the drivetrain essentially intact, would hate to see this ultimately in the crusher.
    Any comments from Arizona?
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

I have to fix #4 and find the right S6 avant donor for the RS6 avant project first.

My plate is full.