Thread: Anyone use Aces IV fuel additive?

Anyone use Aces IV fuel additive?

Since I just placed my BND oil and filter order Bryan spoke to me at length about the Aces fuel additive so I had him send me a bottle as well. I have been dying to try my 100 octane tune and he said 1oz per 6 gallons of 93 will give me over 102 octane. I just wondered who here has used it and what were the results?
    http://bndautomotive.com/aces-formul...oline-formula/
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Yep, data logged it plenty also. I don't think it gives you near that level of octane, maybe a 2-5 point increase. It helped some I noticed, kept a bit more timing and EGT's were cooler. It does some cleaning, yada yada, but just running good fuel and oil plenty of cars have been fine by 200k.

Anyhow, I stopped using it once I got the water meth kit. The octane boost from that rendered the Aces IV basically useless it seemed, at least my data logs barely improved when it was used.

This is all with 91 octane Oregon gas at 10% ethanol.

But I'd say if you don't have a water meth kit yet, then give it a go, I'd just want to monitor EGT temps at least running your 100 octane tune, especially in the Texas heat....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Perhaps a moot point relative to the fuel treatments, but thankfully we have 93 octane in Oregon. Friend of mine is getting his newly installed S/C'd S5 tuned in CA on 91. Continual reduction of timing needed on pump fuel.

Be interesting to know how much water injection effectively increases octane.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Perhaps a moot point relative to the fuel treatments, but thankfully we have 93 octane in Oregon. Friend of mine is getting his newly installed S/C'd S5 tuned in CA on 91. Continual reduction of timing needed on pump fuel.

Be interesting to know how much water injection effectively increases octane.
    Good point on the 93 octane, that's what I was running in Oregon. Got it mixed up with that damn 91 octane ethanol free here in NY Now if only the NY roads were nice like Oregon...

Yea, not sure on the octane change when injecting my 50/50 mix. Would be based off the mix octane and quantity injected, not up on my calculations. The engine likes it though!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

We have 93 here fortunately. I did speak to a couple others running it and using a 100 octane tune and they said there has been no knock or timing pulled. I figure I will give it a go and see what happens. One of my arch rivals is having a 100 shot of nitrous installed in his G8 so I stop pulling on him. I figure an extra 20-30 hp will keep me on top. lol

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    We have 93 here fortunately. I did speak to a couple others running it and using a 100 octane tune and they said there has been no knock or timing pulled. I figure I will give it a go and see what happens. One of my arch rivals is having a 100 shot of nitrous installed in his G8 so I stop pulling on him. I figure an extra 20-30 hp will keep me on top. lol
    Yep, should give you a nice little kick. I'd also look into CO2 IC spray system to cool things on demand. Get that water meth though, and Ross/tech, and get this thing dialed in. Nothing should piss off a Texan more than being beat by an old euro sedan...

LOLZ. Yeah the meth kit will be installed by Summer time. Gets too damn hot here.

Lubricity

Lubricity

Lubricity

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Lubricity

Lubricity

Lubricity
    Got a hot night planned?

Yeah

I dont know which RS6 to take out for a ride.

Dont get all caught up in the octane benefits....there is much more to aces.