Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MTM ECU/TCU for my RS6

MTM ECU/TCU for my RS6

Good morning from Seattle:

I am a new owner of a 2003 RS6 and am looking to upgrade the ECU/TCU soon. I called the MTM representative and he said that I would need to send in both units, they would ship to Germany for the upgrade and that it would take about 2 weeks. There is nothing that I know of stateside for the beast.

My question is this: can I purchase used MTM tuned chips and drop them in the vehicle? It may not even be a possibility at this point and I have not looked for a tuned ECU/TCU. I would assume that they have to chip your existing ECU, but I have no idea.

Thanks, love the forum, love driving the beast even more and I look forward to you reply's.

Paul

Not sure what you mean by "purchasing used chips". Technically you can get those 44-pin PSOP flash chips in case someone decides to desolder em, but I highly doubt that anyone would do that. But you probably can get "a copy", I guess.

TCU has to be soldered, ECU can be done via OBD.

Not the best tune.

Go to 034 motorsport and buy the complete package.

Good bang for buck and support

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Not the best tune.

Go to 034 motorsport and buy the complete package.

Good bang for buck and support
    Nice! I'll check them out today for sure.

Also check eurocharged tune for ECU, they send you a hand held device to tune, there is no down time for you. I had eurocharged tune, very consistent, no drama. Oh and the support is awesome, I had revision files sent to me same day as requested. As far as TCU I have no input.
    6spd complete

I am going to look at an rs that has mtm badging - I assume its been tuned - how can I tell? - I seem to recall there is sequence of manipulations of the blinker stalk to activate the tune? -- or is that APR? -- The rs I own is not tuned. Thanks for your help

The only way to verify for sure is look for the MTM seal on the ECU/TCU itself.

If you're in Seattle, contact AMD. Best Ecu/tcu tunes for the rs6 by far.
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by imthedecidah View Post
    I am going to look at an rs that has mtm badging - I assume its been tuned - how can I tell? - I seem to recall there is sequence of manipulations of the blinker stalk to activate the tune? -- or is that APR? -- The rs I own is not tuned. Thanks for your help
    Only way to confirm ECU is log data, check boost, Ross-Tech.com. Paperwork I guess...

TCU is under carpet of passenger footwell, see if it's been opened and new chip soldered in.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    If you're in Seattle, contact AMD. Best Ecu/tcu tunes for the rs6 by far.
    Any of the top tunes will be good, AMD, Daz, 10secS4, 034, MTM....but I'm sure one is a bit better.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Any of the top tunes will be good, AMD, Daz, 10secS4, 034, MTM....but I'm sure one is a bit better.
    Being local it makes more sense. Dyno before/after etc
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

I have Daz'z Ecu and Tcu. I'd recommend it for sure.....
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Being local it makes more sense. Dyno before/after etc
    Agreed. Crap, I was even able to get decent results with enough dyno/street time using my amalgamation of Revo and Unitronic...but it took a lot of fine tuning.

Congrats and well come to the forum! A wealth of knowledge and information here. I have the APR tune ECU/TCU but not sure if they support this platform any more.

Anyone have APR tune and comparisons to other tunes mentioned here? My car came with APR ECU/TCU tune when I bought it. Since APR does not support this platform anymore so I wanted to see what other options are available. How does one go about getting the Daz tune?

I haven't logged the car but it currently spikes to 17-18 psi with 14 psi steady. Only issue is that it seems "laggy" in regular Drive mode, however it seems less laggy when I use it in manual mode. I am assuming this is DBW throttle lag, it took me took a while to adjust to it.

Do you guys notice this lag in normal Drive mode?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

It seems the early APR tune was a bit more agressive. If you data log I can tell which one you have.

I dont know if daz or 034 can flash the APR emcs piggy back. They may need to replace the chip

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Congrats and well come to the forum! A wealth of knowledge and information here. I have the APR tune ECU/TCU but not sure if they support this platform any more.

Anyone have APR tune and comparisons to other tunes mentioned here? My car came with APR ECU/TCU tune when I bought it. Since APR does not support this platform anymore so I wanted to see what other options are available. How does one go about getting the Daz tune?

I haven't logged the car but it currently spikes to 17-18 psi with 14 psi steady. Only issue is that it seems "laggy" in regular Drive mode, however it seems less laggy when I use it in manual mode. I am assuming this is DBW throttle lag, it took me took a while to adjust to it.

Do you guys notice this lag in normal Drive mode?

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    It seems the early APR tune was a bit more agressive. If you data log I can tell which one you have.

I dont know if daz or 034 can flash the APR emcs piggy back. They may need to replace the chip
    Thanks Dave...will send you logs as soon as I get them. No issues with the tune, just curious what other options are there.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Not sure if it's my ACE rebuilt TC or the way my tune is set, but my car feels very snappy off the line. So much that I usually ease into the throttle to not snap my head back, and now with winter tires they spin easily when cold and and debris on the road. This is with all gear settings, but it seems more aggressive in Sport, and much more grab on down shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Not sure if it's my ACE rebuilt TC or the way my tune is set, but my car feels very snappy off the line. So much that I usually ease into the throttle to not snap my head back, and now with winter tires they spin easily when cold and and debris on the road. This is with all gear settings, but it seems more aggressive in Sport, and much more grab on down shifts.
    If feels laggy (throttle lag) in regular "D" mode off the line..partial throttle though