Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MTM ECU/TCU for my RS6

Quote Originally Posted by lagerstedt View Post
    Good morning from Seattle:

I am a new owner of a 2003 RS6 and am looking to upgrade the ECU/TCU soon. I called the MTM representative and he said that I would need to send in both units, they would ship to Germany for the upgrade and that it would take about 2 weeks. There is nothing that I know of stateside for the beast.

My question is this: can I purchase used MTM tuned chips and drop them in the vehicle? It may not even be a possibility at this point and I have not looked for a tuned ECU/TCU. I would assume that they have to chip your existing ECU, but I have no idea.

Thanks, love the forum, love driving the beast even more and I look forward to you reply's.

Paul
    Paul,

What is the last 6 of your VIN???
    Details on your RS6.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Paul,

Details on your RS6.
    He didn't get your beat down old car did he? I've heard the stories
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Paul,

Details on your RS6.

Details: 125k, "fresh" 48k engine at 120k due to 3:00am garage shenanagins. Totally stock but scheduled for a ECU/TCU tune by AMD this Friday.

Details: 125k, "fresh" 48k engine at 120k due to 3:00am garage shenanagins. Totally stock but scheduled for a ECU/TCU tune by AMD this Friday.
    Does AMD do remote tuning or do you have to swap ECUs?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I do not know for sure. I found out that they were 10 minutes away from where I work so I just stopped by and met with Jason and Mike. Their contact information can be found at www.fastaudi.com. or 425-424-2165.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    He didn't get your beat down old car did he? I've heard the stories
    No, mine VIN was 905355 and it was driven like a grandpa to the store to get milk after breaking the non-"bufkin" piece. The last time I got squirrely with it was with Wade around San Marcos = next day I had a large pink puddle under the passengers side front and thank goodness for the aftermarket warranty as the bill was $5300 to fix it...

Paul has the debbil VIN!!!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

No, mine VIN was 905355 and it was driven like a grandpa to the store to get milk after breaking the non-"bufkin" piece. The last time I got squirrely with it was with Wade around San Marcos = next day I had a large pink puddle under the passengers side front and thank goodness for the aftermarket warranty as the bill was $5300 to fix it...

Paul has the debbil VIN!!!
    Not just the debbil VIN but the mark of the Beast! (Rev. 13:18) I would say that is pretty fitting considering...

Getting excited for the tune at AMD in a couple of days. I forgot 1 thing on the modifications - I deleted the rear mufflers and replaced them with straight pipe and the stock tips. It sounds absolutely perfect and garners just enough attention when you get on it to make the occasional head turn and stare. Cost was about $200.00 at a local custom exhaust shop. I'll post some video of it soon if anyone is interested.

Try and get your dyno sheet with before/after numbers, would be interesting to see. Have fun!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Definitely. Should be interesting to see. I'll take some video, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    If feels laggy (throttle lag) in regular "D" mode off the line..partial throttle though
    Hmmm, might be the computer doesn't signal the TC to engage as quick, results in smoother driving around town. I'd say up and down shifts are smoother in Drive, Sport and Tip can be grabby unless the RPM's are just right.

Definitely. Should be interesting to see. I'll take some video, too.
    Cool, interested to see their numbers on a mostly stock car.

Dave, how hard would it be to add e85 to the RS6? and would I need a reflash of the ECU?
    Mugello RS6,sound enhancing exhaust,solar sunroof,Platinum Coverage,Eurocharged ECU,MTM TCU ,TC, PSS9, Hotchkis front and rear,EBC Reds, Sportec vents,ACES IV,Fuel tank replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDI5000CSTQ View Post
    Dave, how hard would it be to add e85 to the RS6? and would I need a reflash of the ECU?
    New tune, new injectors, new fuel pump(s), and possibly new fuel lines...
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

You're kidding right? Completely change the fuel and question a reflash...

I think? one of the members on this forum has done this, but don't quote me on that. It requires hardware and software changes both and unless you're an avid wrencher, I don't believe it's worth the hassle.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Thank you all for the input. Sounds like way more of a hassle than it's worth. Just need more power.
    Mugello RS6,sound enhancing exhaust,solar sunroof,Platinum Coverage,Eurocharged ECU,MTM TCU ,TC, PSS9, Hotchkis front and rear,EBC Reds, Sportec vents,ACES IV,Fuel tank replaced.

Thank you all for the input. Sounds like way more of a hassle than it's worth. Just need more power.
    You could add water meth and update the tune, maybe get you 20-40 more hp/tq. Maybe just try a more aggressive tune. Problem with more power is it starts getting easier to break the trans. I've settled where I'm at and make the most of it, still decent numbers.

The Water Meth might also help with heat soak. i start off at 9.1 sec in the 1/8th mile and lose .1 sec each subsequent run there after.
    Really need to just break into the 8 seconds. Maybe a Eurotune 2, but would like to switch to 100 VP racing on demand. don't know if Euro tune or 034 allows that.