Thread: Half Mile Shootout.....

Half Mile Shootout.....

Indiana is finally getting a half mile shootout!!! I'm stoked! Point of this thread was to see who all has been to one before and what out cars are capable of doing in a half mile. Pretty sure I've seen a few people on here mention it. was gonna sell my beast after winter but i think now I'll get the upgraded ICs I've wanted and keep it...maybe sell it after ;0)

was thinking 140mph-ish maybe a littler faster out cars are more 60-120 cars than 0-60 anyways.
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

If timing is right and brakes are done I am planning one of the Texas Mile events next year too. Just to see what it can do.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

I got 130 in Florida summer back in April 2013. Eurocharged, heat soak, leaking intercoolers and turbos were starting to leak more.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

JSRS6, how did the leaking turbo's effect the car? Was that an oil leak or an air leak?

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I can recall them leaking more than their fair share of oil into the intercoolers, and the intercoolers were leaking air/oil to the atmosphere and oil/debris getting caked to the outside. Just saying everything wasn't at 100%.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I did mile run last summer, end up 255kmh. Half mile car speed was 225kmh and next 800m gained only 30kmh.

Yikes. Did better then that in a box stock 2012 Mustang GT a few years ago.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes