Thread: Park Distance Control - Repair Question

Park Distance Control - Repair Question

Hi the parking assist on my beast works intermittently and when it does not work the system emits a solid tone for the first 4-5 seconds car is in reverse. I ran vag com on the beast and got the following result:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 8Z0-919-283.lbl
    Part No: 8Z0 919 283
    Component: Parkingsyst. A6 RDW D08
    Coding: 01116
    Shop #: WSC 02195

1 Fault Found:
    01547 - Sensor for Parking Aid; Rear Mid-Right (G205)
    37-00 - Faulty

Suspect I need to replace mid-right sensor.....wanted to see if anyone on here has completed this fix already on C5 or even better RS6 specific Audi (searched google however could not find RS6 specific info)

Want to fix on my own if process is not too involved. Can anyone describe the process for RS6 and steer me towards the best source for the part?

Thanks in advance
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

I recently did the centre two on my rs6. pretty straight forward but does involve removing the rear bumper. you an double check which sensor has gone by putting the car in reverse (engine off but ignition on) put your ear very close to each sensor and they should make a very faint clicking noise, if not they need to be replaced.
    I got mine from ebay, colour matched to daytona grey and I was very impressed. they work a treat and no more solid beeping.
    I think I got mine from this guy, not 100% sure as it was a while ago.
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Audi-A3-A4-A6...hSgRkH&vxp=mtr
    heres a link on how to remove the bumper, its from an a6 but its the same process.
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Audi-A6-Sedan
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

You know, my car *just* started doing the same thing, and I was wondering if there was a way to diagnose it through vagcom... convenient that you just posted!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold