Thread: Wiper blades

Wiper blades

Hey guys,

Am I wrong in thinking the only options we have for wipers are either inserts or ludicrously expensive blades from the dealer? I've been buying the rubber inserts and installing them myself but they really don't cut it in winter. Can anyone recommend a good blade that can handle a lot of snow? Last winter was brutal; the quattro and Michelin Pilot Alpin made it easy to get anywhere, but seeing where I was going was another story entirely.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

My Bosch indy just installed some Bosch inserts that worked great, couldn't tell you what they were though...but I could call if you were that curious.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Inserts from RockAuto work great, streak/smear a little at times it seems, $4 a set.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion! I should've bought them on Amazon but I wanted them that day so I got them from Autozone and paid way more, lol. Oh well, now I know better!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    Yes, these are great, but could someone please remind me of the correct size (in inches, not millimeters)? Different catalogs give different answers, and the hubby rearranged the office and I can't find my RS6 file.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Quote Originally Posted by vitalian View Post
    Yes, these are great, but could someone please remind me of the correct size (in inches, not millimeters)? Different catalogs give different answers, and the hubby rearranged the office and I can't find my RS6 file.
    22, the link should bring up the correct size.

Different lenghts: 22 for the driver, 20 passenger side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe View Post
    Different lenghts: 22 for the driver, 20 passenger side.
    20 would probably work, but I guarantee 22 for both L & R is the correct size.

Well with my shop discount it seems the Bosch are only .25 more from the local parts shops. Good thing I stumbled on this thread. Had no idea every single fucking part on this car was super specific.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

The best wipers I've found are the PIAA's. Being OCD, was surprised to get 1.5yrs of near perfect wiping action.

The Bosch blades lately don't last but 6 months at most.

22" / 550mm both sides.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Well with my shop discount it seems the Bosch are only .25 more from the local parts shops. Good thing I stumbled on this thread. Had no idea every single fucking part on this car was super specific.
    Yes, specifically 4 times more expensive...the cheap inserts work well, but I'll spend more next time as they smudge a bit.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com