Thread: Audi RS6 + RS7 Performance

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I read about that last week, they actually have it up on their website for order. Funny the only S8 model is now the S8 Plus. LOL.. The price is not that much more.

The RS7 performance sounds very nice. Too Rich for me.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    I read about that last week, they actually have it up on their website for order. Funny the only S8 model is now the S8 Plus. LOL.. The price is not that much more.

The RS7 performance sounds very nice. Too Rich for me.

Mike
    Mike, they've got 3 here in town, just getting dusty, buy one!!!

I may need to test drive one some day...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Mike, they've got 3 here in town, just getting dusty, buy one!!!

I may need to test drive one some day...

Several RS7 have been sitting for extended period at the dealer in my area as well. I looked and when I asked about test drive the "Audi policy" is that a test drive is available on RS & R models only after you have committed to buying the car. Next door at the Tesla dealer they have been practically begging me to test drive the P90D w/ Ludacris upgrade...
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Do these articles suggest that the transmission is different from the normal RS models?

Just wonderinf if anyone else got that impression.

Also, is there any difference between the transmissions in the S6/7 vs. RS6/7?
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

The transmission in the S6/S7 is the 7 speed dual clutch transmission.

The A8, S8, RS7, etc use the same 8 speed. The article implies the transmission is further modified for the S8 Plus and RS7 Performance.

I got my RS6 in Albany, and at that time they also had three on the lot LOL.....not many folks in the market for a 100,000 dollar plus car!

I was considering a Shelby GT350, but FORD is allowing dealers to charge 20 grand markup even for FACTORY ORDERS. They can keep that POS. At $53 k the performance sounded fun, but at 74K I just assume get an S6 or S7 and enjoy the 1,000,000 x better interior and build quality. FORD IS NUTS.

Mike

My RS6 is still sitting at my indy untouched, he told me to :bring it in Monday" HA! Oh Well.....
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

GT350 sounds nice, 20k more not so much.

I have a GT V8 on order, spring delivery.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

The film makers did their best to make the RS7 look really good in the Hitman 47 movie.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down