Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car won't start, wonky issue

Congrats! It's a great feeling to find the source of "mystery" issues like this!

My car failed just after the completion of the engine oil leak repair, the car ran fine but as he was testing it out, it just failed. He too took apart the dash looking for an issue. It turned out that he ECU had failed. The component that controls the injectors needed to be repaired. There is an outfit in Massachusetts that fixes ECU's. They warrantee the work for a year. Just found the information BBA and cost me $530. http://www.bba-reman.com/us/index.aspx

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

So I got to work, removed the cluster and found that the blue connector on the left side of the cluster has an iffy connection. Wiggle it a little, lights go on, wiggle it again, lights go off. Not sure if the male or female end is at fault here. If it's the female end, I fear I may end up needing to replace the cluster which means getting said cluster reprogrammed. I'm hoping I can just source a used one and have it programmed, because I can only imagine what a new one will cost. At least for now, I know what to do if it happens again!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Great investigative work!

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,