Thread: Besr/worst extended warranty feed back

Besr/worst extended warranty feed back

Having recently purchased my RS6 I began exploring a few warranty companies. All the positive feed back for most firms came in the form of customer testimonials about how easy it was to buy it and all the complaints which were easy to find as well were based firmly in the loathing department. No adjuster available, pre existing condition (isn't everything on a 13 year old car pre existing ?) Generally fighting tooth and nail for coverage seemed the rule. My car has a fairly fresh TC as well as DRC. Had my mechanic give it a good going over and with 60,000 on the clock proclaimed it healthy. The car will be a bit of a garage queen and maybe see 4-5K miles a year. Some warranty companies outright said no thanks we don't insure that car and others like Carchex not only will insure but are bordering on stalking to get me to sign up. Any input from fellow forum members would be appreciated. Both good and bad. Thanks

i had the highest fidelity warranty they sold. I beleive it was around 5k each time i reupped it. $10,000 total, for something like 8 or 10 years?

Those fuckers ended up coughing up $35000 in repairs, with no complaints! Highest return on an investment i've ever had, other than my med school loan. It's the policy sold thru audi, so i figured it would be better without a 3rd party audi could blame. Audi always accepted whatever Fidelity offered in payment, and no money out of my pocket to make up the difference. Sometimes they charge you the difference i beleive.

Fidelity is the gold standard for extended warranty / service contract however they will only issue contracts on cars 9 years old or newer so don't think RS6 is eligible any longer.

I had good experience with EFG MAPS warranty (transferred from previous owner for $50) they paid out over $17,000 in claims on my pearl grey metallic RS6 (Trans, Alternator, PS Pump etc etc ) however when I went to get EFG extended warranty / service contract on my current car they changed terms to cap payout at $10,000 and they were charging $7,000, um no thanks

Be careful of Carchex, stay away from their contracts that use Royal Administration Services as the claims administrator. Check Better Business Bureau history on Royal Administration Services and you'll understand why.
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Thanks for the replies. It seems that those that are reputable won't take the car based on age or maybe they are just wise to the RS6. Either way I've decided to just go bare back. Keep up on my maintaince and maybe go a little above and beyond when I do my timing belt. Replace as much as I can during the big one. Miscellaneous plumbing etc. Any opinions on extra things to update while doing the timing belt would be welcome. Thanks.

Have never had an extended service contract and likely never will. That said, this might provide some additional info as you make your decision.

http://www.jdpower.com/cars/articles...d-warranty-car
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

trying to avoid redundancies on this topic .. i have been pondering coverage for my 107k mile mugello blue /white interior..runs n drives great , has 30k worth of new parts n labor before i bought it "peiserg " ..wasnt yours was it?..lol ..it's like a brand new car,i have felt a slight trans slip on take off and a slow n go..goes away with paddles..drives brand new ..for shits n giggles i contacted a warranty company and was quoted 174 a month and cancel anytime..need to wait 30 days and 1k miles to claim..seems too easy ..toco was the company ..anyone know if they are legit..i talked with em for a while today about scenarios and what would n wouldnt be an issue...i didnt buy ,..but may be a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by hoam skooled View Post
    trying to avoid redundancies on this topic .. i have been pondering coverage for my 107k mile mugello blue /white interior..runs n drives great , has 30k worth of new parts n labor before i bought it "peiserg " ..wasnt yours was it?..lol ..it's like a brand new car,i have felt a slight trans slip on take off and a slow n go..goes away with paddles..drives brand new ..for shits n giggles i contacted a warranty company and was quoted 174 a month and cancel anytime..need to wait 30 days and 1k miles to claim..seems too easy ..toco was the company ..anyone know if they are legit..i talked with em for a while today about scenarios and what would n wouldnt be an issue...i didnt buy ,..but may be a good idea
    interested to see how this goes. Any more info? Web link?

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman View Post
    interested to see how this goes. Any more info? Web link?
    i keep seeing too many bad reviews on some of these..talked to carchex people today..i'm just going to save in case something breaks some day..right now everything is perfect ..i'm selling my VW Phaeton now , i just added it to craigslist tonight , i will put that money in a personal warranty acct..lol

I reached out to Fidelity the day my beast showed up in my driveway. At 10 years old, they had no problem considering it, but once they heard the mileage was over 120k, they backed off - no policy for me! Would've been well worth it, as I've had probably $8-10k worth of work that would've been covered through their Platinum package, and that would've run me $4800 if she didn't have so many miles on her at the time. Plus I wouldn't have had to track down parts and hustled to find a shop that'll install customer-supplied parts.

Next up: diving in on repairs, everything between the LIM and the hood. About $600 worth of parts and I'm psyching myself up to not chicken out and just bring to a local shop, although it is tempting given the "I don't want to F*ck this up" factor. Working on the daily driver usually doesn't bother me, but this one is so temperamental, I'm severely tempted to just let the shop deal with it and move on...

O_E

tl;dr version: Fidelity _may_ offer you a contract, depending on age/mileage. If they do, jump on it!
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)