Thread: HID headlight problems

HID headlight problems

I have been having issues with my drivers side HID light bulb not always coming on when it is cold. I have replaced the ballast and bulb with genuine OEM parts and it tends to be problematic when it gets cold. I intermittently have to turn the lights on and off multiple times until it finally fires up. Could there be some problem in the wiring I should be looking for. The passengers side seems to have no issues.

I've been fighting the exact same problem on the passenger side all this week. Hoped it was just a bulb on its way out. Maybe there's more to it. Hmmm
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Swap from left to right and see if you still have the same issue. Start with the easiest part first, the bulb. I'd be willing to bet it's ballast/bulb related and not wiring.

Finally got around to swapping bulbs left/right. Got a bad bulb on mine. Did you ever figure out yours?
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory