Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm pretty sure my next project is going to be a C7 S6

I was contemplating one myself. Sat in it and loved the interior and gadgets. Saw it was about the same power as mine stock so I drove it. Great road car! I would still choose mine over it though. It was so wallowy in the turns. I mean it did well but I have a feeling mine would destroy it on a road course. Granted I do feel every pebble in the road and my shocks are on 9. LOL
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Quote Originally Posted by fukinavit View Post
    Really? Its not a track car! But it can if you must. This thing is a 4500lb luxury barge. Wanna track car? then get the arial atom, not Z06 garbage.
    Z06 garbage? Really?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Yeah, the Z06 is pretty bad ass.... just has a bad ass. LOL

Yeah just as much of a bad ass as our cars lol...which is the best feature
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    Yes, but Audi is phasing out the DCT and going to ZF trans for most cars. The are said to hold more power and shift just as quick as DCT now, but smoother.

I would love another RS6 but they are getting long in the tooth and I don't need that headache! I was too lucky with mine. No trans issues, no DRC issues......

E63 AMG Wagon would do me just fine, but a little out of my range with the option and color I would want!
    Oh okay, thanks. I agree. That E63 is the next best thing wagon wise here. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Z06 garbage? Really?
    yep. imo. just cant get past the GM badge.
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

Quote Originally Posted by fukinavit View Post
    yep. imo. just cant get past the GM badge.
    Ahhh I see, so it's just your opinion then....love the certainty though. One of the best all round cars I have owned is a GM car (CTS-V). Fun to drive, comfortable and no expensive repairs. Also had a C5 Z06 and now a C6 Z06 (both great weekend and track cars). While looks can be subjective..calling a Z06 "garbage" really does a disservice to its capabilities.

Steve, sorry for hijacking the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Ahhh I see, so it's just your opinion then....love the certainty though. One of the best all round cars I have owned is a GM car (CTS-V). Fun to drive, comfortable and no expensive repairs. Also had a C5 Z06 and now a C6 Z06 (both great weekend and track cars). While looks can be subjective..calling a Z06 "garbage" really does a disservice to its capabilities.

Steve, sorry for hijacking the thread.
    I am on several kinds of car forums because I am a car guy. Not an Audi guy, Mustang guy or whetever. If its cool and fast (sometimes dont even need that) then I like it. I see elements in most cars that I like. At last count I have owned 372 cars not counting the ones I had bought to flip and drove them for a month or so.

I have had 5 Corvettes and loved/hated every one. I had the second 1999 FRC C5 (Corvette) made and that car got more attention than anything I ever had. Been through 27 Mustangs 7 of which were Cobras, 12 Mark VIIIs, 7 RX7s, 4 300Z cars, 3 944s, 2 911s, 2 Ferraris (both the worst cars ever) and countless worthless cars here and there.

It kind of bothers me when someone dismisses any car simply due to its badge or that it may look ugly or they didnt like something they read about it. I say go experience the car for yourself.
    I once had a Dodge Omni GLH (Goes Like Hell) and that was one of the most fun cars I ever owned. Hell with the turbo we stole off a wrecked Syclone that car would give the RS6 a strong run for its money. LOL

Point is cars are fun. Enjoy them. Dont make snap decisions. Just like one of my customers yesterday looking at my Audi sitting in a bay. Couldnt believe I would buy such a plain and common car and he sees them all the time for a thousand bucks. He made a snap opinion. I fired it up (exhaust is in storage room) and he about pissed himself. I let him sit inside of it and he didnt want to get out. A car that 30 seconds earlier was just a thousand dollar plain boring car turned into something he desperately wanted to sell his 370Z and buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    As much as it hurts to say this...If i make a big purchase it could be the E63 wagon. I want something more than the SQ5...
    So, you're either gonna buy a $105K car or a $65K car. Ohhhhkaaaayyyy....

Here's what I said on the topic after I bought my car:

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/32...l=1#post276272

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    Here's what I said on the topic after I bought my car:

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/32...l=1#post276272
    I think you said it well there. That was my exact impression of the car. I think it would be a more comfortable DD versus my RS6, well not think, it just is more comfortable. But my RS was bought for a play toy primarily so it suits my needs fine.

Wish I could pluck the C7 interior out and throw it in mine though. Such great system integration and those quilted seats are just so comfortable... and air-conditioned! There is an option I would kill for.

Never said new E63 wagon

A 12 or 13 has reached the 60k price level.

Ohhhhhkaaaaayyyyy??

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    So, you're either gonna buy a $105K car or a $65K car. Ohhhhkaaaayyyy....

Never said new E63 wagon

A 12 or 13 has reached the 60k price level.

Ohhhhhkaaaaayyyyy??
    Sorry, - figured since you're an Audi fan, AWD would be a prerequisite....

I really want a fast wagon with grunt, it would be nice if it has 4 rings but I have no choices. Hell I may not like the way the E63 drives and go ahead and build my RS6 Avant...

The SQ5 is lowered but still sits high and its stubby/short. I need more room and 3.0t is just ok...i miss a v8tt under the hood.

I really want a fast wagon with grunt, it would be nice if it has 4 rings but I have no choices. Hell I may not like the way the E63 drives and go ahead and build my RS6 Avant...

The SQ5 is lowered but still sits high and its stubby/short. I need more room and 3.0t is just ok...i miss a v8tt under the hood.
    E63 didn't get AWD until 2014.

3.0T can be modified pretty easily. B8 S4s are now running mid-11s at over 120 mph with a tune and pulleys. Then there's the whole issue of super- vs. turbo-charging. I really miss the instant response of the 3.0T motor...even though the S6 is faster once fully lit.