Thread: Anyone have a picture of the stock catalytic converters?

Anyone have a picture of the stock catalytic converters?

Online all I see are Magnaflows or the Millteks but nothing for what the OEM cats look like. Since the dealer said they replaced them last year and I see no Audi part number I just wanted to confirm I have Millteks but have no idea if the OEM ones look similar enough.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

So if the dealer replaced them you have OEM DP's/Cats then catback Miltek sounds like.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by 4.2Crew View Post
    Thank you sir. I had found that middle picture late last night. I used Google but was searching for "2003 RS6 stock exhaust" or "RS6 undercarrige" or "Stock RS6 catalytic converter". It was finally when I tried "RS^ engine removal" that I found that picture.

Thank again though as those pictures are really telling.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    So if the dealer replaced them you have OEM DP's/Cats then catback Miltek sounds like.
    That was my fear and why I was trying to find the picture but apparently its not the case. They installed the Millteks and did O2s at the same time. I am still awaiting the emails with all the paperwork. He said it would probably be Monday. But this is mine:

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    That was my fear and why I was trying to find the picture but apparently its not the case. They installed the Millteks and did O2s at the same time. I am still awaiting the emails with all the paperwork. He said it would probably be Monday. But this is mine:

Nice! Dunno how strict TX is on emissions/safety inspections, but that fraying on the flex section would be an automatic fail here in VA - had to replace the flex on the wife's A6 earlier this year to get it passed...

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

I am an inspection station and we dont do any clean air testing in this county. Insured, goes beep, all lights work, good tires that will be $7 please.

I have had a full (DP included) Milltek setup before and the cats specifically were actually HKS...not sure if mine were replaced at one point or if that is what Milltek uses for their cats but if you are looking for new cats that is something to consider that I can vouch was used with a Milltek setup. Did we establish though that your exhaust is actually Milltek, it was rare to see them with the polished tips. It should have Milltek stamped on the top of the tips...sorry if you established this point already.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Online all I see are Magnaflows or the Millteks but nothing for what the OEM cats look like. Since the dealer said they replaced them last year and I see no Audi part number I just wanted to confirm I have Millteks but have no idea if the OEM ones look similar enough.
    The photo you've posted in this thread don't appear to be OEM's. OEM's are slightly flatter and have heat shields on them. I have a photo somewhere in the files that I'll post, but it's not a photo specific to the cat. Will still show what I'm describing.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I got ya Biggz. Stock down pipes....

Part # painted on bottom of cat

4B3253095AS - left
    4B3253096AS - right

03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    I have had a full (DP included) Milltek setup before and the cats specifically were actually HKS...not sure if mine were replaced at one point or if that is what Milltek uses for their cats but if you are looking for new cats that is something to consider that I can vouch was used with a Milltek setup. Did we establish though that your exhaust is actually Milltek, it was rare to see them with the polished tips. It should have Milltek stamped on the top of the tips...sorry if you established this point already.
    Yes, in my build thread there are pictures of the stampings. Plus Dave said they were and Dave is always right. Have also verified with the dealer that installed them 10 months ago they are Millteks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    The photo you've posted in this thread don't appear to be OEM's. OEM's are slightly flatter and have heat shields on them. I have a photo somewhere in the files that I'll post, but it's not a photo specific to the cat. Will still show what I'm describing.
    Yeah, bethridg has the perfect pic. Also 4.2crew posted some. I was just worried when the dealer said they replaced the cats in December. When I called him back yesterday to see when they are sending the paperwork he said it was Milltek as Audi no longer sells them and its what he has on his RS. I told him to sign up over here as he has an old 90's RS, 03 RS6 and two RS4s. Hes a real nut.
    Hes also a bit off. Was telling me about a transmission tune my car could use to run 9's. I was going to correct him but figured I would just leave it alone. LOL