Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a picture pimp, sorry. Detailed RS6

I am a picture pimp, sorry. Detailed RS6

Here is the thing, this car has been a dream car for many years and after much patience and shopping I found one that was EXACTLY what I wanted. Mugello Blue Pearl, ebony interior and the carbon fiber trim instead of wood. I then planned to mod the heck out of it and put a killer system in it. Well this came with everything done.
    So it is MY perfect car and I am just beyond joyed that this one is mine all mine and I want to show her off after her several hour detail today. She ain't perfect but she is getting there.
    I hope I dont offend with all the pictures.

It looks amazing! I really need to detail mine, but I'm more of a nuts and bolts guy than a finish and polish one, so I'm not really familiar with the best way to clean up a car like this. Mind giving me the brief sequence of events that you/your detailed went through? I need all the help I can get.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

When are you going to clean it up...so it looks like you care about it...

Pimpin!!!!

Well done! Easily the best combo color and interior.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yep, exact color combo I wanted and bought...hard to find believe it or not...

Awesome job, car does look fantastic, welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Well done! Easily the best combo color and interior.
    I disagree with this but each to there own.
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    It looks amazing! I really need to detail mine, but I'm more of a nuts and bolts guy than a finish and polish one, so I'm not really familiar with the best way to clean up a car like this. Mind giving me the brief sequence of events that you/your detailed went through? I need all the help I can get.
    I actually really enjoy detailing but my shop keeps me so busy I just do not have the time. This was a friend of a friend. He normally charges $100 for wash and wax but mine needed to be clayed bad and thats usually $100-$200 more depending on the car. Well he only charged me $75 because our mutual friends so that was very cool of him.

Now when I do it, this is what I do. I wash it and then do a chamois dry. I then wash it again and blow dry it. All in the shade mind you. I then use Maguires Instant Detail and clay bar. Take a half dollar (coin) size chunk off the bar. If you drop it, throw it away. Once it touches anything other than paint or your hand its ruined, thats why small chunks at a time. I then work 2' sections with 4-5 sprays of detailer and then flatten out the clay and work back and forth, never swirling. Light pressure, this stuff is dangerous if not used properly. Work that section (takes about 2-4 minutes per section) and keep feeling it with your hand. When you don't feel any bumps wipe it dry with a micro fiber towel (gonna need 20+) and move to the next section. After you do that you need some kind of polisher and buffer to really get at it. I then hit the whole car with a wool pad on my Dewalt buffer. I forget the speed but I keep it low at like 2200 RPM. Again this aggressive so don't use any pressure or just a tiny bit depending on how thick the paint is and how bad it is. Also avoid corners, get up to them but never on them, paint is too thin on edges. Same thing with body curves, don't let the machine stay on them too long. I use Maguires medium cut (all these chemicals are in the pro section at Oreillys, the tan bottles) on the wool and kinda slide it on the 4-6 square foot section I am on. Put the pad on the car and turn on the machine and work small sections in a back and forth pattern, again never circular as thats how you get swirl marks. You do this until the chemical hazes and then looks like its almost gone. You then wipe with a micro fiber towel and move to the next section. Now switch to the polisher. I use the Porter Cable, great machine but if it ever breaks I will get the Auto Geek dual head one. Much easier to use and faster. On my Porter Cable I use a Lake Country fine cut pad and then Maguires super fine cut/de-swirl. You can do larger sections now and just work it until you don't see scratches. Same thing, work it until the compound has broken down and then wipe with a micro fiber towel. I then switch to a Lake Country black pad (super soft) and hit the entire car with Maguires Glaze. You can apply it on the whole car as long as its not in the sun and then go back with a micro and wipe it all off. Unless you are really good with the machine and are able completely work the glaze until its off the car. Takes some practice though. I then let the car sit for an hour or so and then go wax it. I use Maguires ..... forget the name... NXG...NXT.... I dunno, purple can. I hand apply the wax to 1/3 of the car at a time and wipe off with, you guessed it, a micro fiber towel.
    When I do that people flip out how nice it comes out. You can watch dirt land on the car and slide off. When people reach out to touch the car i run and tackle them and smack them with a rolled up newspaper. LOL Fingerprints bad but looks spectacular. Lasts about a year and the next year you wont have to clay or use heavy cut. Just light cut, glaze and wax.

Now what dude did to mine was wash it and use soapy water with a clay bar and then de-swirled and then waxed it.

This was my Laser red Cobra before and after:

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Yep, exact color combo I wanted and bought...hard to find believe it or not...
    I had one of these too. Mugello gone, Ebony and Daytona live on.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Boy did this car go to a good home. Enjoy the ride!

Makes me want to polish mine again. I follow those exact steps...and do it yearly.

I think i missed a spot

Beautiful car! Love the wheels. Its like they pay homage to the OEM wheels but more modern and sleeker. Do I spy a chin spoiler?

Oem euro spec 19x9s are currently on the Avus. Splitter is off and sold. And 19x9.5 10 spokes are on the Daytona car.

Okay, I need more shots of those tail lights and where to get them!
    I am still trying to find headlights I like. I dont want halos or strange designs. I want it like stock but darker just not tinted if that makes any sense. LOL I just dont want those amber corners. I always do stock like clear lights in my cars and i order these chrome bulbs from Summit that light up amber but are invisable when off.

Hella euro spec tails are getting hard to find.

Take the amber out of your fronts and you are good.

I don't want to pull them apart. I will crack the lens or never get them properly sealed. Me and epoxies/sealants do not get along. LOL

I remember a thread a guy did about going through the turn signal bulb hole and breakin. It in half and pulling it out that way.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Damn that looks good! Trust me, if anything, this forum needs more pictures

Keep us updated with future plans/mods!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold