Thread: Indi Shop in San Diego

Indi Shop in San Diego

The time has come for timing belts on my new to me 69,000 mile RS6. Wondering if anyone has recommendations for a shop in San Diego. I want to do the job myself, but work has me busy and I don't have the time.

Thanks!

Still PureMS in Miramar area or Raven in Long Beach.

Avoid Miramar Audi.

Possibly Audi Escondido...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Still PureMS in Miramar area or Raven in Long Beach.

Avoid Miramar Audi.

Possibly Audi Escondido...
    I have tried contacting PureMS to no avail. (Have not walked in yet, will do so soon)
    I will look in to Raven..

thanks!

Raven Motorsports in Long Beach is great. They sorted out my RS6 when I picked it up last year. Quality work and good prices. They definitely know the RS6

Got a hold of Michael at PURE and I'm scheduled for Tuesday!

whooHoo!

I hate to say it, but PureMS is no longer a favored spot for repair of the aging RS6 -- they just won't work on the car if they cannot source parts directly from Audi... in my case MAF airbox seals, turbo seals, etc.

I'm trying to resolve low MAF 2 airflow that's probably the result of a failing turbo on that side (thank you @nubcake, who gets all the credit for discovery). No low boost code(s) yet, but plenty of cylinder ignition retardation and inadequate MAF 2 airflow when data logged. Following shop diagnosis, the recommendation (verbatim) from PureMS when I asked "what should I do?" was (dryly), "Sell the car." I then confirmed explicitly that they will not work on a car if they can't source a legitimate Audi part. For example, my car already has an aux cooling fan that's OE for a Passat, with a re-wired wire bundle connector -- same fitment, just needed a slight re-wire. PureMS won't do anything like this.

Unfortunately, Raven seems permanently closed. Does anyone have a solid San Diego recommendation for a shop that will work "outside the box" in terms of creatively sourcing parts? Has anyone else run into this issue with their trusted shop?