Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: My brand new second hand RS6

Got them de-ambered, tinted, brighter reverse lights and installed.

2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Wow...those are some ugly tail pipes She's coming along!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Friday we plan on bringing them up and in a bit. Couple full bolt on with drag radial 2015 Mustang GTs and a nitrous G8 all got to stare at them for a bit tonight. They didnt complain. lol

Are those part of the Miltek exhaust or are they welded on tips? They look much more aggressive than I thought.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Part of the Milteks.

Time to whore more! Please dont mind the dirt, it will get a bath tomorrow. Got my wheels back from Wheel Technologys today after a full refurb on all 4. Only took 23 hours and they picked them up and delivered them! Great service! They are now powdercoated, not sure if thats how the factory did it but mine were rough. Figured while they were out getting done I would clean the calipers too. Probably going to high temp black or silver paint the hats as the anodize is discolored but will do that after I get new rings and pads. I just love how fresh the wheels look and still love my new tails.

Also ordered new silicone intercooler hoses as well since one of mine is fraying and pretty sure is leaking a couple psi of boost at WOT.

Yay! Fresh rear brakes.

Holy crap was installing those Wagner IC hoses a PITA! Glad its done now though. Gotta do some exhaust welding tomorrow but should have it all straightened out and pulled in a bit more to my liking as well.

I just read all the way through this thread (it took me a while!) and just want to thank you for posting such detailed information and photos of your trials and triumphs with your RS6. I'm utterly horrified by the way you were treated by that awful dealership! FWIW, the dealership I have gone to (formerly Barrier Audi, now Audi of Bellevue, where I bought the car) has always gone out of their way to make sure I'm satisfied with their work. In fact, one time when they messed up a flange on my driveshaft during a repair, they notified me immediately, were extremely contrite, and fixed it at no charge (as any decent business should).

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of the RS6, and remember -- Mugello blue is the fastest color, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Here's mine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS62.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	17159
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Full bolt on Mazda Speed3s are impressively quick cars! The silver one used to hang almost with me before the new tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYji11S3oyo

And the 03 Cobra aint too bad but he only has headers and exhaust and intake and some other minor bolt ons.

2003 pretty stock....ish Kewbrah against a bolt on Speed3. Audi RS6 video car. Got bored so went around. Mexico is so much fun.

Posted by Bill Lindsey on Sunday, March 13, 2016

Oh joy. Transmission is no more. Was at 3/4 throttle and it shifted really hard into 2nd with a loud bang, lit up the whole "PRNDS" and loss all gears. Probably input shaft. Knew it was only a matter of time. 034 trans tune was always goofy anyway. 6800 RPM shifts in regular mode yet 6400 in sport mode and a few times it shifted strange. Couple that with the power level the car is at and it was only a matter of time I suppose. For now not sure 100% what I am gonna do other than drink a lot of beer. May rebuild, my find a used one, may get this one dudes Level10 or may convert to stick. Aint gonna dwell on it tonight, just glad I have tow coverage and the guy was very careful with it so that earned him a fiddy. Thank Xenu that I have a trusty Cheby pickup. LOL *cries*

Input shaft break was the culprit of my last transmission issue. It was a very loud bang when that thing broke on me. I feel your pain as I am on transmission #3.

210K miles rolled

Well that didn't take long...welcome to TRUE RS6 ownership...I feel some responsibility...I forgot to tell you that driveshaft adds about 63whp...

Yep, just a matter of time when tuned and driving hard. I wouldn't put any of it on the 034 TCU tune, if anything it helped you last this long.

Both of my trans broke while running the MTM TCU, nice tight shifting. Stock one went out with a bang like yours at 89k. I drove my next one too hard and it broke in 8 months, 2k miles, slipping out of gear. Third one is a charm, and I only do a quick 0-100 on occasion.

I have complete confidence that I can break any auto trans in under 2k miles by repeatedly doing WOT launches, tuned car of course. The clutch packs are just to damn small...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yep...it's unfortunate. I knew all of this when I bought my car, but I bought my car for the purpose of doing a manual swap. I figured with a TT V8, the power ceiling was fairly high...what I grossly underestimated was the ease at which nothing can be done...I realized during my swap that I lost interest in trying to build the 600-800whp platform I desired, so I bailed to another platform in which that goal is not only achievable, it is achievable at such a reasonable cost, all I have sacrificed is some quality.....for as much as I drive my car, which isn't much, I'm good with that. My current car probably makes well over 700whp now and I would NEVER have seen that in my RS6, manual or not. And I'm only another set of injectors and a blower upgrade to get close to 1000whp, with stock transmission. If I could own a car without modding it (..and I can't), I would own another one in a heartbeat...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Input shaft break was the culprit of my last transmission issue. It was a very loud bang when that thing broke on me. I feel your pain as I am on transmission #3.
    Someone that was gonna sell me a Level 10 suggested a battey reset which I will try cause why not but have only a .0026% hope it will do anything. I have broken enough cars over the years to know what a broken input shaft sounds and feels like when it happens. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Well that didn't take long...welcome to TRUE RS6 ownership...I feel some responsibility...I forgot to tell you that driveshaft adds about 63whp...
    LMAO!!! Right on bro. I needed that. I knew I was pushing it to its breaking point as I have been running the 100 octane tune for the last month now. Car did 443 with 93 tune and thats already trans limits.
    Couple that with how its boost does not tapper off when at partial throttle I would imagine it was just too much torque as it shifted to second. It shifted at about 5800-6000 that time but was at 17psi so there she blows! LOL
    I will fix her though. I dont love her any less. I just have to figure out what route I wanna go now.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Yep, just a matter of time when tuned and driving hard. I wouldn't put any of it on the 034 TCU tune, if anything it helped you last this long.

Both of my trans broke while running the MTM TCU, nice tight shifting. Stock one went out with a bang like yours at 89k. I drove my next one too hard and it broke in 8 months, 2k miles, slipping out of gear. Third one is a charm, and I only do a quick 0-100 on occasion.

I have complete confidence that I can break any auto trans in under 2k miles by repeatedly doing WOT launches, tuned car of course. The clutch packs are just to damn small...
    Oh, I am not putting this on 034. I was a couple beers in when I posted and wasn't as concise as intended. Their tune is bass ackwards for shift points. It should be 6800 in S and 6500 in D and its the other way around for some reason. This was my fault and only my fault. I knew I was pushing it. Now the decision is rebuild, buy used, go built or go stick. In a few minutes I am gonna drive to my shop and see what Vagcom has to say about it as my little tuner scanner didnt have anything to say other than low voltage and EGT erroneous. I really need to do the ground repair on them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Yep...it's unfortunate. I knew all of this when I bought my car, but I bought my car for the purpose of doing a manual swap. I figured with a TT V8, the power ceiling was fairly high...what I grossly underestimated was the ease at which nothing can be done...I realized during my swap that I lost interest in trying to build the 600-800whp platform I desired, so I bailed to another platform in which that goal is not only achievable, it is achievable at such a reasonable cost, all I have sacrificed is some quality.....for as much as I drive my car, which isn't much, I'm good with that. My current car probably makes well over 700whp now and I would NEVER have seen that in my RS6, manual or not. And I'm only another set of injectors and a blower upgrade to get close to 1000whp, with stock transmission. If I could own a car without modding it (..and I can't), I would own another one in a heartbeat...
    Same here man. I can NOT leave a car alone. lol I am gonna repair the Audi to handle its current power level at 93 octane and have some plans for another car to make the big power numbers. Just waiting on some things to happen in the next 30 days.