Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: My brand new second hand RS6

I will leave that to the new owner. I believe he is a member here. I havent met him yet and hes never seen the car but the deal is done and he has the title. Good dude, real friendly, has some to learn on these beasts but I passed along as much knowledge as I could. He is very excited and I am very excited to see his face the first time he breaths on the go pedal.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

PMed you
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

What happened here?

you sold it?

i didn't even see the sale ad?

It was for sale for almost 2 months. Was on here, Auto trader, Craigslist, Facebook RS6 thing.... was all over. Heck, my ad on here may even be up still. lol

I love it but I love the AMG more. There are things about the RS6 I like more but as a whole the CL65 fits me to a T...... just wish it was AWD.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    I love it but I love the AMG more....... just wish it was AWD.
    The archilles heal IMO. I love a number of the AMG products, but in my part of the world, they simply don't work as well as the competitions AWD platform. My friend has a modified AMG wagon that he only gets to enjoy for 4-5 months of each year. Depending on the weather the remaining months, he could easily kill himself trying to manage the poor traction.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Well the Audi decided to give me one final FU to me last night. All my friends knew it was sold but wanted pics with it and since last nights car show was only 2 miles away I took it there. On the way back I got dinner and while sitting in the drive through I noticed the voltage at 9 volts. Shut everything down and it went to 12 so I got out of line and went straight home. Shut it off and restarted just fine but then the battery light came on. Knew what that was. Threw it on the charger overnight and now its on the lift awaiting the new Bosch unit to arrive.
    Guess I am glad it happened here with me and not on the new owners drive home up North. lol

Well the Audi decided to give me one final FU to me last night. All my friends knew it was sold but wanted pics with it and since last nights car show was only 2 miles away I took it there. On the way back I got dinner and while sitting in the drive through I noticed the voltage at 9 volts. Shut everything down and it went to 12 so I got out of line and went straight home. Shut it off and restarted just fine but then the battery light came on. Knew what that was. Threw it on the charger overnight and now its on the lift awaiting the new Bosch unit to arrive.
    Guess I am glad it happened here with me and not on the new owners drive home up North. lol
    Hopefully is just the voltage regulator. Still a PITA job that'll take you probably 2-3 hours (billed at 6 locally). If that doesn't fix it, give a shout to Kaestner Auto for the full alternator rebuild - will be in the ~$200 range plus shipping. I HAD a forward spare until someone didn't return it for the next guy. Not naming names, but they screwed the community out of a nicety that I was providing at cost. :\

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Alt was replaced with a brand new Bosch last week Friday. My local alt shop had one BNIB with OEM part number for $225.

I know the vehicle is sold, just appreciated all the in depth information. Question for you, if you got another RS6, what would you do differently? Also Daz available to get TCU tunes still?

Daz is dead.

Different? I would do a manual conversion. That's about it.

OH NO! So much for a proper TCU then. Scared to do any other after reading all of this.

There are good companies and lots of good folks on here to point you the right way. Just stay away fro 034 for trans tuning......or any tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by BoiseAudi View Post
    Scared to do any other after reading all of this.
    MTM is just fine, if you can find it. Yea 034 seemed hit and miss, although I was always a bit unsure of some of the customer complaints.

Edit; tuned cars break trans, be ready depending...your old stock trans may only have so much life left.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

That they do. More so when your "tuner" commands such a high pressure that its beyond the pumps capabilities and the input shaft sheers in half. Thanks 034. That was fun.

BTW, take DHALLs suggestions as gospel.

That they do. More so when your "tuner" commands such a high pressure that its beyond the pumps capabilities and the input shaft sheers in half. Thanks 034. That was fun.

Yep, that ain't good at all!!!

Who is this dHall you speak of, didn't he start collecting Toyota Corolla's? Dude knows his stuff...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Hey Bill!!

How is the AMG treating you? While I still have all my Audi's.....I did add a twin turbo 13 E63 to the fun.

Gotta love that AMG depreciation on this end. Lol

Just stay away fro 034 for trans tuning......or any tuning.
    Have to ask if you had a bad experience, as I have their ECU and TCU tune and have to say it is far superior to the APR tune I had on my first RS6 that was 3 times the cost. To be fair, they built this initially as a "one off" for a customer and have made some tweaks to it, including mine after the initial installation. I'd not write them off. Solid shop with a very good reputation here in the Bay Area.
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Dave = rs6.com's Yoda
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.