Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: My brand new second hand RS6

The trans computer arrived yesterday as did the programmer. Programmer comes unprogramed and you have to pull your stock file off the car and email it to them and then they send you your new files. When I went to do this the machine said "Stock File Not Found" and if it wanted me to copy what was in it so I did. So I guess the car has some kind of mild tune in it. Meh. Took the car for a drive with the new TCM and it does shift a whole lot better. In D when slowly cruising it would hold gears for way too long but now its much more cruise friendly and the shifts are smoother. In S its completely different. Holds gears much higher and the shifts are impressively quick. Even in manual mode it responds faster. So over all I really like the trans tune and hope they do well with the main tune.

Just added some music to the old iPod and decided to take the beast out for a cruise. Was nice just driving it mellow and not looking for something to beat up on. Car always brings a huge smile to my face when I drive it.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

All I want for Christmas is a data log

Duramax in the shop.....stupid piss water system. 13 Vette as my replacement. Ugggh pos

Yeah those cat piss systems are just stupid. All I want is a data log as well but something always screws it up. Ive almost given up. I know the car had a non stock crap tune in it. I loaded the new tune anyway. They sent me 3 and I haven't tried the hot tune yet but it gets strapped to the dyno again tomorrow to see how the pump gas tune does. All I have been able to do is monitor boost and lambda with the gauge and my Matco scanner I have read pump DC in real time and MAF counts to make sure they were not maxing. With this minimal equipment all systems seem good. Car even puts a little soot on the tail pipes now. I dont mind it running a bit rich with the extra boost.
    Tune is set for 17.5psi and to tapper to 13ish by redline and it does. I have gotten a couple 19psi spikes but that was due to a 3/4 throttle acceleration and then letting off. My diverter valves are a tad slow.
    My brother said he got me the only thing I asked for for Christmas. For 3 months its all I hinted at so I hope thats what it is. LOL

And Corvettes are great! As long as you just want to go fast and dont mind plastic.

Went back to my trusty dyno shop today to see where the car is at now and I am much happier save for a couple small things. He could only make the pulls from 4600ish + or the car would still downshift. The new trans tune will allow me to bounce it off the limiter (once, by accident and at half throttle) but will still downshift if it wants to. Gonna see if there is a way to correct that on Monday.
    At any rate the car is now at 11.8 AFR under WOT and holds it all the way to redline. Car sounded very healthy for all 5 runs but by the 5th run heat soak crept in and it lost 25hp. But she made 443.3 whp and 461.8 wtq.

They did have an interesting 350z making over 1000 RWHP!

Dynojet? How are you possibly shifting gears? 3rd gear Tip, closest 1:1 ratio basically, 30-100 mph all day, dyno or not. You sure the trans isn't slipping? It will soon with this much power, be careful...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Positive its downshifting. I have watched it do it many times racing in Mexico. I watched it do it on the dyno as i was standing by the door watching the PLX and saw the car select 3rd. Didnt know about the button on the throttle pedal that you can unhook to keep it from downshifting. Trans tune is fairly aggressive. It shifts very fast now and watching it downshift on the dyno scared me because she tried to jump off.

034 Motorsport is new in the TCU game so there may be some bugs. Thats why I am going to call them Monday.

Did you have it in Tip mode? Thats the best way to dyno, take it up to 3rd with the paddles then floor it. A good TCU tune will not downshift in Tip mode. It will downshift in normal D and S modes.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Correct, in Tiptronic mode, it should only shift when commanded, with paddles or shift lever. In "Tip", select 3rd, gear, about 20-30mph, and ease it to the floor. Kick down switch should do nothing in "Tip".

Dunno what to tell ya. It did it with the old TCU and does it with the new one as well.

So it was running lean.

What were pre dyno numbers

[QUOTE=LaserSVT;279736]Went back to my trusty dyno shop today to see where the car is at now and I am much happier save for a couple small things. He could only make the pulls from 4600ish + or the car would still downshift. The new trans tune will allow me to bounce it off the limiter (once, by accident and at half throttle) but will still downshift if it wants to. Gonna see if there is a way to correct that on Monday.
    At any rate the car is now at 11.8 AFR under WOT and holds it all the way to redline. Car sounded very healthy for all 5 runs but by the 5th run heat soak crept in and it lost 25hp. But she made 443.3 whp and TE]

336.5 whp and I just noticed torque is not on the chart. It was running lean at 13.5 and tapering to 13.1 near redline. Whoever tuned it before needs to be smacked.

You had a 377 on a run?? With that old tune??

Yeah. I think one did a 376 and then 388 but the 326ish was repeated a couple times so thats what we went with. Not sure if the first runs were due to downshifting or what. Old tune was all over the place. I had even noticed when running the car that it would randomly have more get up and go. The new tune I have been running for almost two weeks and the car always behaves the same now. It also gets much better mileage in town. Car used to do 12MPG and now does 15. Highway seems to be a bit less though as it was 21.7 and now its 20.2 after 140 miles of 80MPH driving and about 10 miles being in stop and go traffic.

Just to clarify, Tip mode or not? You need to be in 3rd gear for the Dyno numbers to be accurate, or ballpark, who really knows how the thing is calibrated. Yes, in auto when under heavy load it will downshift, as it should. My problem was actually up shifting due to trans slipping I think. Or you are hitting the kick down switch, but you can get 100% WOT at only 3/4 of the gas pedal depressed. Be careful with this thing man! It's no fun replacing the tran$...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Be careful with this thing man! It's no fun replacing the tran$...
    It is if you're not putting the original one back in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Just to clarify, Tip mode or not? You need to be in 3rd gear for the Dyno numbers to be accurate, or ballpark, who really knows how the thing is calibrated. Yes, in auto when under heavy load it will downshift, as it should. My problem was actually up shifting due to trans slipping I think. Or you are hitting the kick down switch, but you can get 100% WOT at only 3/4 of the gas pedal depressed. Be careful with this thing man! It's no fun replacing the tran$...
    It was in tip. And why would 3rd be accurate? Thats not the 1:1 ratio gear. You always pull in the 1:1 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    It was in tip. And why would 3rd be accurate? Thats not the 1:1 ratio gear. You always pull in the 1:1 gear.
    I thought it was the closest gear with our trans at least. Hmmm, so I guess we can assume the downshift was from hitting the kickdown switch, or maybe some TCU oddness.

The downshift was due to two things. More aggressive TCU tune and the KD switch getting hit. With the last TCU he could go WOT at close to 3600 and the car wouldnt kick down. The new tune is designed to get the most out of the cars power combination for the street. Had I of known about the kickdown button I would have just unplugged it and we could have done a pull from 3000.

Live and learn. Every other car I have modded I knew inside and out before the process had begun. This car I only THOUGHT I knew but teaches me new crap almost every day I drive it. I just found the C5 RS6 Self Study file and thats really shown me a whole bunch I didnt know like the cooling system for the turbos.
    Next year when I do the new intercoolers I will do another run. I am planning on doing what Dave is planning and we will do 3 runs on the stock ICs, throw it on the rack, change intercoolers and do 3 more runs. I will disco the switch then.