Thread: Fed up with Stasis Ohlins Coilovers...

Fed up with Stasis Ohlins Coilovers...

Looking into options for new suspension. I need something I can set and forget.

Have experienced Koni FSD on a friend's 05' A4 w Eibachs... Best ride ever. Feels as smooth and compliant as my old B5 A4.

Anyone have any experience of FSDs on the RS6? or even the 4.2L A6?

I've read the well documented posts of the OEM springs w/ Koni Sport shocks... From what I have read in some of the Bimmer forums the Sport shocks ride a little firmer than the FSDs but no personal experience yet.

Thinking OEM springs with FSD shocks but machining the spring perch of the FSD set 1.2 inches lower than OE ride height to take out some wheel gap. According to Koni the FSDs are okay with no more than 1.5 drop.

Thoughts?

H&R sport coilovers on my daily. 40k miles on them...zero issues

I have stock RS6 springs if you need them

I had Koni FSDs with Eibach springs on my wife's A6 2.7T and I did not like the ride...felt too floaty over uneven surfaces and did not feel well planted during spirited driving. Perhaps a better combo would have been FSDs with stock springs...not sure.

Currently running KW v1s on my RS6 which I think is not the right setup on this car...too floaty. Waiting to switch to stock springs and Koni Yellows next year. Heard very good things about that combo on this forum.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

When you find a suitable replacement.

Please send over the used Ohlins to me.

I'll take them off your hands.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    H&R sport coilovers on my daily. 40k miles on them...zero issues

I have stock RS6 springs if you need them
    . ditto. It's nice not having any shock adjustment. I always felt like I never had it where I wanted it.

I'll look into the HR coils before I buy anything.

And will def send these to the For Sale section once I find a bit more info on the FSDs... since they don't make them for the RS I'll likely go with a set for the 4.2 A6

I just installed Koni FSD (for the A6 4.2 V8) onto my RS6 with stock springs. I own a VW/Audi shop and have driven most of the aftermarket suspensions out there. The A6 4.2 FSD's on the RS6 feel like a factory sport suspension. Can't imagine anyone complaining about the ride quality. If you drive your car mild to moderately, you will probably love them. If you drive aggressive, you might think they are a bit floaty. The only two suspensions that I have really liked are the Ohlins (have them on my B5 S4) and oddly enough, the factory DRC. I imagine that the Koni yellows with stock springs also would work really well as many others have said. Almost all of the other coil-overs out there are just too stiff for the street unless you live in an area with perfect roads. I'm a bit surprised that you don't like the Ohlins, even on a softer rebound setting? I think your idea of keeping the stock springs and lowering the perches is a great idea. I know a guy that did that with his DRC setup and it was badass. I'd love to see what a brand new set of DRC shocks lowered like he had them would feel like but not going to spend that money to find out! Only down side to the Ohlins is the noise. It really gets to me sometimes to have a "nice car" that sounds like you left bolts loose. At least that's what my B5 S4 Ohlins sound like and I've heard the RS6 are the same. Do yours make noise? Anyways, I am an aggressive driver and even with noise, I love Ohlins. Didn't think I would ever find a set of Ohlins for the RS6. Want to work out a trade of my Koni FSDs (1000 miles on them) plus cash for your Ohlins?

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by dubwerx View Post
    I just installed Koni FSD (for the A6 4.2 V8) onto my RS6 with stock springs. I own a VW/Audi shop and have driven most of the aftermarket suspensions out there. The A6 4.2 FSD's on the RS6 feel like a factory sport suspension. Can't imagine anyone complaining about the ride quality. If you drive your car mild to moderately, you will probably love them. If you drive aggressive, you might think they are a bit floaty. The only two suspensions that I have really liked are the Ohlins (have them on my B5 S4) and oddly enough, the factory DRC. I imagine that the Koni yellows with stock springs also would work really well as many others have said. Almost all of the other coil-overs out there are just too stiff for the street unless you live in an area with perfect roads. I'm a bit surprised that you don't like the Ohlins, even on a softer rebound setting? I think your idea of keeping the stock springs and lowering the perches is a great idea. I know a guy that did that with his DRC setup and it was badass. I'd love to see what a brand new set of DRC shocks lowered like he had them would feel like but not going to spend that money to find out! Only down side to the Ohlins is the noise. It really gets to me sometimes to have a "nice car" that sounds like you left bolts loose. At least that's what my B5 S4 Ohlins sound like and I've heard the RS6 are the same. Do yours make noise? Anyways, I am an aggressive driver and even with noise, I love Ohlins. Didn't think I would ever find a set of Ohlins for the RS6. Want to work out a trade of my Koni FSDs (1000 miles on them) plus cash for your Ohlins?

Ryan
    Sorry took so long to get back to you, laptop is a Microsoft POS.

PM sent.