Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Polar White RS6 Avant build

Quote Originally Posted by canyon View Post
    Not using the snub mount. Cut it off, ground it down, and painted it. Running Stern mounts to keep everything in place.
    I hope you've done your research on this. Personally I would not risk it since there is a reason why these get severed all the time. I'm guessing it's more from movement during operation (along with the stock engine mounts) than not supporting the engine during service, etc.

I'm interested in any feedback once you are up and running.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Haha, the new guy next to me got it. ABS light on?
    Yup. And he didn't fix it; the light is still on and it needs to come back in. Can you work on it next time?

Your project is awesome. I'm sure there's no way a customer would be allowed in the work area for liability reasons, but I would LOVE to see it in person!!!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Quote Originally Posted by vitalian View Post
    Yup. And he didn't fix it; the light is still on and it needs to come back in. Can you work on it next time?

Your project is awesome. I'm sure there's no way a customer would be allowed in the work area for liability reasons, but I would LOVE to see it in person!!!
    Yeah I'm not back in the shop until late next week, so message me and we can coordinate a time to get it in.

Well the battery goes in this week. Just got ECM, TCM, and intercoolers back from AMD. Need to finish up the plumbing on the front end and hopefully fire her up this weekend! Body pieces should be back from paint by Saturday.

Well the battery goes in this week. Just got ECM, TCM, and intercoolers back from AMD. Need to finish up the plumbing on the front end and hopefully fire her up this weekend! Body pieces should be back from paint by Saturday.
    As the saying goes, "video or it didn't happen"!!!
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Canyon, what are you doing with the RS6 shell? Wife and I were looking at Q5's up there a few weeks ago and saw an RS6 rolling shell (yours?). Just a quick look but the shell looked to be in good condition?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Canyon, what are you doing with the RS6 shell? Wife and I were looking at Q5's up there a few weeks ago and saw an RS6 rolling shell (yours?). Just a quick look but the shell looked to be in good condition?
    That would be mine. Actually just sold it to Absolute German. They picked it up last week. Body was in perfect shape. Next time you come by bring your RS6 and let me know!

I will. Doing the 6spd conversion on it now. Been lazy and other projects. Need to get the clutch and tranny bolted up to the engine so I can get ready to drop it back in.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Well I came REALLY close to having her running today, but just ran out of time and energy. Got the front end in it's final resting position and all the oil/transmission/power steering/coolant lines routed. Just need to install the battery and TCM then she should come to life! Hopefully sometime this coming week I'll have time to wrap it up.

2 steps forward, 1 step back. Got her all ready today, filled the coolant and sure as shit there's a pin hole leak in the flipping radiator. Took it all apart and found the brace in front of the passenger cooling fan had been rubbing on the radiator and wore a small hole through it. It's acting like an RS6 already. There's always something.

It fired right up! Wish I knew how to upload videos on here cause it sounds amazing with the cat free downpipes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	17414

It fired right up! Wish I knew how to upload videos on here cause it sounds amazing with the cat free downpipes.

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	17414
    Sweet, nice work!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

I have a fresh RS6 rear spoiler remaining from the conversion of my A6 4.2 which never got finished due to Hurricane Sandy flushing the car down the tubes. The spoiler is brand new from BKS Tuning in Germany, never painted or installed, and it's been sitting in my closet on the parts shelf for two years. If anyone is looking for one..... send me an email.

That's an amazing project you did there..... wow. Great work.

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    Sweet, nice work!

Well here she is. Only thing left to do is mount the rear spoiler.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	17427

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	17428

What color will the spoiler be? Bright white or dirty white?

Gorgeous! How much you selling for Excellent to see, thanks for sharing.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

If and when you are ready to hand her to another owner, please >>>ONLY<<< post here. I am sure we can find her a new happy home then.
    Great work...Congrats.