Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ISO replacement headlight units for my Beast.

ISO replacement headlight units for my Beast.

Not against the used idea to keep the cost down, but it's time either way. The restore thing ain't gonna cut it. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

BTW, hope all you old timers are doing well!

Shokan maybe. Haven't seen any recent part outs. So is the plastic just chipped and cracked? I swear every time I drove to Houston or Austin I ended up with new chips on the front. I had good luck with the 3M polish kit.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yeah, between the roads and the solar radiation, they look like crap. I picked up that kit a while back and it's still on my bench, unopened. So much going on, I never find the time to commit to it. Guess I should at least try it before giving up on them. They just look almost impossible to restore at this point though.

Takes a good few hours, and be careful with the final sealant clear coat. Yea, sun is brutal there, double the UV intensity of Northern states.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Mine were pretty bad. So after I took them apart to paint I decided to clean them up. Had the 3m kit but had used all the sandpaper up. I just wet sanded them with reg sandpaper. I started with 400 grit and then 800, 1500, 2000 then used the buffer and some compound. Look brand new.
    2003 Audi RS6 Avus blacked out headlights, emblems and tinted tails, 10 sec tune, K&N, gutted precats, deleted SAi, aux rad and sec cats, MTM TCU, Venair hoses, Miro 112 with 255/35/19, Odessy 925t. Soon to come meth injection and new brakes to slow it back down. :)

I've got a pair of used headlight assemblies here, came off my beast after a debacle with a pothole last year. Capsules are good, but bracketry is all cracked up - no amount of epoxy will save the brackets. Disassemble, reassemble into your good working brackets, and you're golden. $250 + actual shipping for the pair if you're interested, just PM me.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

You don't need new. You need to merely sand with increasingly finer grits and then use some polishing compound. They will radiate new afterwards no matter how yellow or dull they looked originally.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I have good luck getting them pretty good with the meguiar's stuff and then Goo Gone a couple times.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

I saw a set of nice B5 A4 lights for sale on AZ, not sure if they fit but for $200 for both it seems like a good deal. I could use a passenger side one, some animal cracked the back of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    I've got a pair of used headlight assemblies here, came off my beast after a debacle with a pothole last year. Capsules are good, but bracketry is all cracked up - no amount of epoxy will save the brackets. Disassemble, reassemble into your good working brackets, and you're golden. $250 + actual shipping for the pair if you're interested, just PM me.

O_E
    I've been talked into applying a little elbow grease before ditching them, but if that fails (or my arms do) I'll be in touch!

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

This is the correct process

Quote Originally Posted by RKturbo View Post
    Mine were pretty bad. So after I took them apart to paint I decided to clean them up. Had the 3m kit but had used all the sandpaper up. I just wet sanded them with reg sandpaper. I started with 400 grit and then 800, 1500, 2000 then used the buffer and some compound. Look brand new.

Dave still here? How are you?

I Don't have time to post. Too many RS6s to maintain.

Do you still have the old rides?

Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    Dave still here? How are you?

Ended up selling the urquattro to a VW exec in Germany.

Finally did one today with 3M kit

Excellent! Well spent $30 and a few hours. Good to see the before and after.

No doubt! Right choice.

Day off tomorrow and will do other one, but need to go out early for a few errands... gonna look funny but better than before!

Wow! Very nice work.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes