Thread: Looking for wheels/tires combo

Looking for wheels/tires combo

So I'm looking for an additional set of wheels and tires for my 2003 RS6. I've currently got the stock spoked rims, but they need to be refinished. Instead of doing without the car for two to three weeks, I figured I would investigate a second set of wheels/tires, assuming I can get a deal on the combo somewhere.

Any suggestions?

I've got a set of 18x8 RS4 reps with 245/40/18 Continentals that have about 5k miles on them. Swapped them out for a set of OZs with Michelin PSS last summer. Would include the 20mm spacers that were on the car in these pics, not sure if you could mount the wheels without them due to the offset. PO mounted them and I bought the car that way. Some chips in the chrome but otherwise in good condition.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheels1.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	16670 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheels2.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	16671 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheels3.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	16672 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheels4.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	16673

I live in central PA, we could meet in the Winchester area this weekend if you're interested. $600 if you want to meet, + shipping otherwise.

^^ Those look sharp! ^^
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

I'm somewhat tempted. Do you have a rough idea of the cost of shipping 4 X wheels and tires?

What kind of price are you looking for on those RS4 reps? Need to replace the wheels and tires on the wife's A6 and these are even the right size tire

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by cch View Post
    I'm somewhat tempted. Do you have a rough idea of the cost of shipping 4 X wheels and tires?
    UPS says about $168 via ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    What kind of price are you looking for on those RS4 reps? Need to replace the wheels and tires on the wife's A6 and these are even the right size tire

O_E
    $600 for the combo. cch gets first dibs because he started the thread asking.

I do have another set of 18x8 RS4 reps that were on my C5 A6. They are Hyper Silver and are wearing Toyo Proxes T1R tires. I believe they're the same size but I'd have to check when I get home. Those I'd let go for $400. I'll take pics of them when I am home tomorrow morning.

This could be a nice weekend for a drive to VA. Clear out some garage space and put a few dollars in my pocket.

Here are the other reps with Toyo tires. Did the best I could with lighting conditions tonight. 18X8 et45. They were about 6mm from the spindle on the front of my C5 A6, not sure how close they'd be on your C6.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9926.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	16676 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9927.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	16677

I'm going to decline. Go for it, @Other_Erik.

Want very much but trying to buy a house here. Would you consider trade? I have a set of 17" super-lightweight forged wheels (17.1lb/ea) with brand new tires (not mounted), but one of the wheels got mangled by the wheel shop - nobody willing to fix them, and cannot for the life of me find an exact match to replace the gouged wheel. From what I could find, last one of these to sell on ebay back in 2012, a single refurb wheel went for $1150 shipped...
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

I'm actually looking for a set of wheels for my GTI, and I really want to step down from 18" to 17". PM me please with specs and pics of the "mangled" wheel. I'm off today and tomorrow, then heading out of town, so we could meet at your convenience.