Thread: PDX thief?

PDX thief?

Hello all

I just discovered I am missing the lower grilles in the bumper next to the fog lights on both sides. I find it hard to believe they both fell out at the same time, so I suspect someone stole them. Since these don't fit too many cars, that leaves only a small pool of people who would even want them. I feel sorry for the person that had to resort to this as they must have felt they had no other option. Does anybody know of someone who was searching for these parts recently? Perhaps a public shaming is in order..
    The car has been in downtown Portland, Oregon the last few days, but I'm unsure of exact time/place they went missing.

Any good sources for replacements?
    03 RS6

I wouldn't jump so quickly to that conclusion. They have been known to pop loose from some really nasty pot holes. I gave my spare to another member on here last year. Check out some of the part out threads. Might get lucky. Shokan might have them. Price direct from Audi has gone up since the last time I looked. Pretty ridiculous for a piece of plastic. Good luck!

Bumper Grille Left 4B3807681D3FZ
    Bumper Grille Right 4B3807682D3FZ
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

I think i lost lower center and one fog light grille at same time.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Had a run-in with a pothole back in June of last year at 4mph...

Both fog grilles and the polished-looking surround of my center grille popped out / disintegrated

Also:
    tore off and destroyed the under-engine skid tray
    bent both fenders
    tore off lower rad hose
    destroyed driver side turbocharger
    cracked front bumper to the point it needed replacement rather than rehab
    and much much more... but yes, keep telling yourself you've got bad potholes there in the PNW

Oh, also sold off a set of wheels to an unlucky Allroad driver who bent two Momo wheels so bad they couldn't be repaired. Same pothole, 12mph, and neither of us got jack back from the state (who's supposed to maintain these roads)

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Pay more taxes?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Pay more taxes?

lol
    Already paying 6% income, 6% sales taxes, 1.28% property tax on house, 3.5% on cars, etc... Unfortunately VA cares for roads based on miles, not population density, so southern VA gets 6-lane highways that never come close to capacity and northern VA gets the shaft.

Not complaining about my tax rate, could be worse (new York, people's Republic of California, etc...) but definitely unfair distribution of tax benefits vs tax paid.
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by rev4 View Post
    Hello all

I just discovered I am missing the lower grilles in the bumper next to the fog lights on both sides. I find it hard to believe they both fell out at the same time, so I suspect someone stole them. Since these don't fit too many cars, that leaves only a small pool of people who would even want them. I feel sorry for the person that had to resort to this as they must have felt they had no other option. Does anybody know of someone who was searching for these parts recently? Perhaps a public shaming is in order..
    The car has been in downtown Portland, Oregon the last few days, but I'm unsure of exact time/place they went missing.

Any good sources for replacements?
    Guessing they were stolen for resale. Check eBay or CL. You never know but most everyone on here tends to be a good person. You can buy them new, just like any other part. Shokan.com is an option for used, Google them.

I lost my middle grill/surround on a low parking bumper once, luckily went back and found them.

How about some info from your car; VIN, trans history, repairs, mods?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    I wouldn't jump so quickly to that conclusion. They have been known to pop loose from some really nasty pot holes. I gave my spare to another member on here last year. Check out some of the part out threads. Might get lucky. Shokan might have them. Price direct from Audi has gone up since the last time I looked. Pretty ridiculous for a piece of plastic. Good luck!

Bumper Grille Left 4B3807681D3FZ
    Bumper Grille Right 4B3807682D3FZ
    I had no idea they are so quick to pop out, I have never had it happen before.
    Thank you for the part numbers, they are very helpful.
    03 RS6

You have the gravy train.

Mexizona has you covered in spades

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Already paying 6% income, 6% sales taxes, 1.28% property tax on house, 3.5% on cars, etc... Unfortunately VA cares for roads based on miles, not population density, so southern VA gets 6-lane highways that never come close to capacity and northern VA gets the shaft.

Not complaining about my tax rate, could be worse (new York, people's Republic of California, etc...) but definitely unfair distribution of tax benefits vs tax paid.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    You have the gravy train.

Mexizona has you covered in spades
    CT doesn't even use protection...or lube...

Mine have almost popped out a couple of times. I now routinely check to make sure they are snapped in before my trips.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

I promise it wasn't me, I just bought mine and fortunately it has all it's grills I also had a set of fogs and grills stolen from an A4, they are an easy grab and sell on ebay for decent money. Sorry to hear about the theft, it's honestly one of the reasons I'll avoid parking the RS6 downtown.