Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: 2003 RS6 needs trans work plus a 2010 VW GTI for one price

Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
    Will give that a shot, thanks. Removed the ABS module today to send to BBA for repair so have some time.
    Glad I could help, even if it is the easiest/cheapest item on the list.

If you don't already have a good shop local to you, I think I've got a more-than-halfway-decent one out here by Dulles. Shoot me a PM if you want to get a solid answer on your transmission woes for not a whole ton of dosh. I had alternator problems, they swapped in one that I'd sourced that went dead after 2 hours (faulty part), and didn't directly charge me for the 7 hours of diagnostics where they point-by-point eliminated every other possibility other than the bad alternator (well, they really just rolled it into the 2nd R&R job, but still...). Owner of the shop has a nice Phaeton W12 that he'd almost definitely do a trade on if you're just looking to change vehicles. With the codes you've got, and your ABS getting fixed, I'd say it'd be about an even trade.

Like I said, PM me, I'll get you two talking if you're interested.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Glad I could help, even if it is the easiest/cheapest item on the list.
    Actually the OnStar removal was the cheapest and maybe the easiest item on the list. PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
    Actually the OnStar removal was the cheapest and maybe the easiest item on the list. PM sent.
    That's what I was talking about, not that anyone would be able to tell by my last reply...

Let me know if you do end up talking to Rudy, he loves and hates my every time I bring it to him. Something that'd be an easy hour job on any other car ends up being 6+, good and bad for him - good for the $$$ inflow, bad for trying to schedule his shop crew. I saw his latest project still on the rack yesterday - 20(07?) S4, Red, Manual - he bought it at a good price, replaced some small bits, and the A/C is still non-op for him, he had the front bumper assembly off and engine in service position on a lift in the back corner of the garage - something like a $30 part is going to end up taking 16 hours of labor to replace. Gotta love that Audi engineering! The condenser is mounted to the front driver bottom corner of the engine on that car, looked like a real pain to get to... kinda like the oil cooler on the BCY (Step 1: disassemble everything).

Ugh sorry to keep adding irrelevant stuff to your thread, hope you can get away with keeping the beast! Would definitely recommend posting the GTI up on the vortex, they'll pay a premium there if it was kept in the same garage as a RennSport

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Detailed the interior and added pictures to: 2003 AudiRS6 Over 150 pics now. Put in the rebuilt ABS module and it fixed the false sensor code. Still have a few maintenance items to do.

How about instead of the GTI, a 2007 Volvo C70 convertible hardtop with a rare 6-speed manual and 111,000 miles? $17,500 for the two. I'll post picks if any interest.