Thread: Alternative touchup paint for Mugello Blue

Alternative touchup paint for Mugello Blue

Found a tube of Toyota 8K8 in my box of old paint bottles and its a dead ringer for the Audi color. Anyone know the rank of popularity for that color on the RS6?

Mugello Blue seems to be one of the most common colors. Makes sense since it's the best...

Anybody have other preferred paint touch up options?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Check the 6-character paint code on the tube/bottle you have vs. the color code on the RS6 - if it's the _SAME_ code, go for it. Otherwise....

Take your 6-character paint code to a real auto parts warehouse (not Vatozone/Advance) and have them mix up a 16oz spray can based on color code. If you're working on a chipped bumper or panel, spray the paint into the cap and use a fine artist's brush to apply. Let dry, then random orbital polisher + finest cutting compound / rubbing compound you can find to blend the spot. Taking the dive on this for 3 cars here when the weather is nice.

My RS6 - Ebonyschwarz (Ebony Black)
    Wife's A6 - Brilliant Black
    Bro's S5 - Phantom Black

All different color codes, noticeable if you put the wrong code on the wrong shade of black...
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Anyone have the paint code for Daytona handy? I haven't dug through the trunk yet for it.
    RS6 904747 | Daytona - Black | 10SecTune | Milltek Cat Back | Gutt'd DPs | trans tune | OEM RS4 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by urs6ville View Post
    Anyone have the paint code for Daytona handy? I haven't dug through the trunk yet for it.
    Just so happens I have the color codes handy here...

LY7J/C2 Avus Silver Metallic
    LY3D/G2 Tornado Red
    LY7W/5B Light Silver Metallic
    LZ3M/N9 Misano Red Pri Metallic
    LZ5E/5W Mugello Blue Pearl
    LZ6E/3W Cambridge Green Pearl
    LZ6X/6T Goodwood Green Pearl
    LZ7S/6Y Daytona Gray Pearl
    LZ9W/4Z Ebony Black Pearl
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Thanks O_E
    RS6 904747 | Daytona - Black | 10SecTune | Milltek Cat Back | Gutt'd DPs | trans tune | OEM RS4 wheels

Thanks! Laziness works!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
    Found a tube of Toyota 8K8 in my box of old paint bottles and its a dead ringer for the Audi color. Anyone know the rank of popularity for that color on the RS6?
    Do you have a pic of the two painted side by side or on the same car? Looks a bit brighter with more sparkle online.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Do you have a pic of the two painted side by side or on the same car? Looks a bit brighter with more sparkle online.
    HUM? It's touch up paint. You use it on nicks and scratches, not to paint the whole side of the car.

HUM? It's touch up paint. You use it on nicks and scratches, not to paint the whole side of the car.
    Ummm, it would be nice if it matched...close is not matching. I've got some Mugello Blue from a paint company in the past (need to look up the name), they said it would match, does not and you can tell even on small dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Just so happens I have the color codes handy here...

LY7J/C2 Avus Silver Metallic
    LY3D/G2 Tornado Red
    LY7W/5B Light Silver Metallic
    LZ3M/N9 Misano Red Pri Metallic
    LZ5E/5W Mugello Blue Pearl
    LZ6E/3W Cambridge Green Pearl
    LZ6X/6T Goodwood Green Pearl
    LZ7S/6Y Daytona Gray Pearl
    LZ9W/4Z Ebony Black Pearl
    L***/** Polar White
    Missing one...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

This color not available from Audi? I used the alternative since it was a Saturday and the dealer had closed and this Toyota paint matched so I never checked back.

This color not available from Audi? I used the alternative since it was a Saturday and the dealer had closed and this Toyota paint matched so I never checked back.
    It's available, but some paint places match better than others. When you said perfect match it sounded good, and it's also 50% of the price, because Audi Lets see a pic if you get the chance!

I've got 150 pics at 2003Audi RS6 but can't remember now what nick or scratch I touched up.

ought to get some nice new rs6 stickers for front brakes

Do not buy paint from this site. I think they matched the color from a photo. Way too dark, not enough sparkle. Bought a few years ago using correct code.

http://www.imatchpaint.com

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Missing one...
    Actually missing 6 because Audi Exclusive colors (Black Cherry Pearl, Polar White, Ibis White, Imola Yellow, Sprint Blue, Papaya Orange)

LZ3H/X7 Crimson Red (Black Cherry Pearl) ((Qty: 1))
    LY9H/P1 Polar White ((Qty: 45 [Estimated]))
    LY9C/T9 Ibis White ((Qty: 2))
    LY1C/1T Imola Yellow ((Qty: 14 [Estimated]))
    LZ5F/5N Sprint Blue ((Qty: 5 [Estimated]))
    LY2B/X3 Papaya Orange ((Qty: 1))